Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/21 11:16
I will be staying at the International Garden Hotel. I read that they have shuttle services to Narita station. From their timetable, they show two stations Keisei Narita Station and JR Narita Station .

Which line can I take to Shinjuku station, approximately how long would it take and how much would it cost per person.
by Alex (guest)  

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/21 22:14
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/22 08:57
Alex,

You can look up train routes and fares using the HyperDia site below.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Narita Station is operated by JR, and the nearby Keisei Narita Station is operated by the private railway company Keisei. Whichever station you use, you will have to change trains en route at least once, as there are no direct services all the way to Shinjuku. The best way is probably to get the JR Sobu Line rapid service from Narita to Kinshicho, and change there to the Chuo-Sobu Line (yellow line) onward to Shinjuku.

Note that the information provided by the earlier poster only applies to people using Narita Airport.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/24 00:56
Hey, thanks for the replies. How is the exchange of trains like. Do we have to walk long distances just to get from one line to another? I know that the lines meet at the same station, but how close are they to each other. I will be going with family members who don't do quite well walking very long distances. If its far and full of steps, I might just plan to go for the NEX, from Narita Station to Shinjuku as I just saw from their website. A bit pricey though.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/24 01:57
Connections of trains from the same company tend to be better than those from two different companies. JR lines usually run parallel to each other at the station, so it's just a question of going up or down to the crossover level and taking another track, taking about 3 minutes or so.

When it comes to transfering from another company, like Keisei or Tokyo Metro, the connection is not as smooth. Sometimes, it may be an entirely different station you have to use even though it's named the same, such as Ochanomizu, where the JR tracks are above ground on the south side of the Kandagawa river and the Tokyo Metro lines are accessed by crossing a bridge over the river and taking stairs down to the subway platforms on the north side of the river. It just depends on each station and which lines.

Most of the time it's not very complicated, but sometimes one can get a little disoriented.
by John Digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/24 02:16
The hotel provides shuttle bus service both from Narita station and Narita Airport.
http://www.ishinhotels.com/garden-narita/en/access/index.html

and NEX train is the only direct train from Narita area to Shinjuku. Discount package deal is available.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/24 06:48
In that case I would suggest either taking the bus or the Narita Express.

I find the the NEX + Suica deal a bargain though. It takes 1hour 50mins to Shinjuku directly.

Trust me you do not want to change trains, when you have to take care of your luggage and elderly. Especially if you arrive during rush hour it's hell.
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/24 18:12
JR Narita station and Keisei Narita station
http://goo.gl/maps/vAOZ9
by tg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/5/25 10:02
Thank you all once again for your advices. I now have a clearer picture on how to go about the area and what to expect.

Re: Narita station to Shinjuku Station 2013/6/2 22:46
Just came back. Here's what I did. Hope it helps those in the future who reads this.

From the Narita St., I took the Keisei Electric to Nippori (750 yen) which lasted for almost 1.5 hours. Trains were packed like sardine cans during rush hour. Interesting experience though.

At Nippori, transferred to JR Yamanote (Green) line to Shinjuku (190 yen) which took about 30 minutes.

Again, thanks for all the help that were posted. Greatly appreciated.

reply to this thread