Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 01:18
So, every onsen I've looked up so far says the baths are gender segregated. On the Oedo Onsen Monogatari website, however, I could not find any reference to that:

http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/english/aboutus.html

Is it just because the information is supposed to be obvious/implicit, or do they have baths for both genders?

Also, if anyone has been there, is it worth the visit? Any tips?

thanks in advance!
by CecilSoares  

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 10:17
Its not mentioned on their english page but the baths are Oedo Onsen are gender segregated. And yes, its pretty much a given that baths are gender segregated unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 15:04
I see it as a place that worth a visit in Tokyo. Though most people travel out of the city to enjoy hot springs.
The baths are gender segregated and there are a few types of baths inside. There is a BIG foot-bath pool in the open area for both genders. If you want to enjoy the bath together with your family, you can book their lodging, they have different style rooms with bath attached, you don't have to pay for the entrance fee if you stay there overnight.
by moon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 15:42
We went there and didnt go into the onsen part only the foot bath part and still really enjoyed it. It was still really relaxing. Plus if your lazy and just want to wind down like we did after a long day at Odaiba, you might not want to bother scrubbing down thoroughly for the onsens :P

They have a food court kind of setting so we ordered different food from several of the eateries and had a bit of a feast. They have hot or cold green tea or water you can help yourselves to for free.

We snacked first, went for footbath, had dinner, shopped for souvenirs, had another footbath before heading back although we could have easily spent another hour or more there if we had time. Some stalls also had mini festival style games but we didnt try those because of the time.
by MayMay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 20:36
Thank you guys. I guess in every country there will be thing that are taked for granted like this one. I'm glad I'm planning in advance and japan-guide is here to help me :)

And moon, your tip about overnight stay is a very good one. I might really consider it. I don't really mind being naked but I'll be travelling with my husband and if we have to be separated for the baths it will not be much fun.
by CecilSoares rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 22:54
How about Oedo Onsen Monogatari at another location (also in Tokyo), called Urayasu Mangekyo. Quite similar facilities and in addition they have a hot spring for both genders, but must wear swimsuit in that pool.

Seem like they only have English website for the one at Odaiba,
http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/urayasu/bath/index.html
by moon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 23:17
When I went to Tokyo I went in (perfect way to end a busy day in Odaiba!!!) and I didn't regret it. Altohugh the baths are gender segregated, there's still a very big common area with shops and restaurants, and the baths are nice :)
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Oedo Onsen Monogatari 2013/6/5 23:27
Moon, that looks absolutely perfect. I'll use google translate to get details, but that is very much what I was looking for. Thank you so much.
by CecilSoares rate this post as useful

reply to this thread