Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1st time to Japan 2013/6/7 16:09
Hi, im planning a 5d4n trip to japan in oct with 2 gal friends and wondering where are the recommended places to visit as its our 1st time.
And any acomm near train station like shinjuku or shibuya?
Total Budget for stay n expenses abt sgd 1 to 1.5k.
And greatly appreciate if someone can share their itineary. Thanks in advance.
by Traveller (guest)  

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/7 16:13
Consider an itinerary like this:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2401_3.html

Also, there are loads of places to stay around Shinjuku or Shibuya stations. One place that is often recommended is Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku because its reasonably priced and well located.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/8 07:41
Im planning a trip in november for 10n and found that the best place that suited my needs was the citadines in shinjuku and their prices and accomadations were pretty good.

What airport are you landing in?
by marcoferr rate this post as useful

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/8 15:07
Thanks yllwsmrf, thanks for the link.. it certainly looks overwhelming.. ha im now overwhelmed by e lots of places in jap to go n dont know which to include..

Hi marcoferr, I ve yet to buy tix but most likely is buy from scoots n hence landing harita airport.

And yes both citadines n sunroute plaza are part of considerations.

Any idea if buget 1-1.5k is enough for stay n expenses?
by traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/8 21:06
I'm actually going to Tokyo this fall. I actually used tripadvisor.com to narrow down the hotels. The users are the ones making the reviews. It also lists average cost per night, and other ways to narrow down the search by your needs.

Since I don't trust professional photos, the users photos of the hotels are a lot of help.

I made a list of hotels in Shibuya and Shinjuku. And slowly narrowed them down. Citadines, Sunroute Plaza, Shibuya Excel, and Cerulean Tower were my top choices.... Ended up booking with Cerulean.
by SBxJap rate this post as useful

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/8 21:09
$1k might not be enough if you are using it for stay AND expenses. Possible, but you may want to buy souvenirs and such. It all depends what you plan to do there.

Re: 1st time to Japan 2013/6/8 21:27
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2410.html

All about budgets... So $1k is definitely doable...

reply to this thread