Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/8 14:48
Can you recommend nice ryokans/hotels in the following places?

Kanazawa-

Takayama-

Toyama-

Tateyama-

Would you recommend staying in Tateyama or Toyama before doing the Alpine Route?

Thank you,

Ryan
by RyanLV  

Re: Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/9 00:28
I can recommend Murataya Ryokan in Kanazawa:

http://japaneseinngroup.com/client/clientDetail.php?ic=45

It's close proximity to Kenrokuen was the reason we stayed there and had a nice room facing the inner garden.
by stevenjv (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/9 03:15
I enjoyed staying at the Kawataniya minshuku in Takayama and would happily stay there again.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/9 05:21
We really enjoyed Hotel Hakuchoro at Kanazawa. They dont speak a lot of english, and there isnt room service, but it is on the edge of the castle grounds, the rooms are huge, the onsen is brilliant, and the restaurants are top class. It is pretty reasonably priced for what you get.

In Takayama we have stayed a few times at Tanabe Ryokan (very nice, great location) and in winter at Hotel Associa (a little out of town but the best onsen facilities I've seen, big rooms, good restaurants). I'd stay at both again. Tanabe san speaks english very well, but there wasnt much english at all at Associa, at least when we were there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/9 06:45
Guest House Pongyi in Kanazawa is one of the best places I have stayed in Japan. It is a beautiful former kimono shop with lots of history and culture but what really makes it special is the incrediblly friendly and helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them. We has a really memorable time staying there. It is only about a 10 min walk from the train station too. http://english.pongyi.com/
by Kikuya rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokans/Hotels 2013/6/11 08:45
Thank you all for the recommendations.

Ryan
by RyanLV rate this post as useful

reply to this thread