Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to grinpa and lake kawaguchi 2013/6/8 21:16
Hi, I planned to have dayhow much approx. the fares? trip to grinpa amusement parkrand lake kawaguchi but the transportation seem to be most headache for us as a tourist.

Since some say there's only one bus will stop at grinpa around 10am and return 4:30pm to gotemba station. Therefore, i'm just wondering is there any other transportation I can take from grinpa to lake kawaguchi? how much is the approx. fares? Since i'll only stay at grinpa for 2-3hrs...
by Shirleen (guest)  

Re: Day trip to grinpa and lake kawaguchi 2013/6/9 09:33
Indeed from Gotemba although there are 2 daily buses to and from Grinpa, the only feasible option for a daytrip is the one arriving 9.50 and leaving 16.40.
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/jikokuhyo/17.html

Grinpa is also on the bus line between Mishima and Fujinomiya 5th Station, but I'm not sure whether the timetable is update or not.
http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettingaround/32.html

With the infrequent bus connection and especially if you want to go to Kawaguchi-ko on the same day, you should seriously consider using a rental car either from Gotemba or Kawaguchi-ko.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to grinpa and lake kawaguchi 2013/6/10 22:05
Hi William5, thank you for your useful links (it's help a lot). If that's the case, seem like rent a car will be more convenient then public transport...will re-consider your suggestion or maybe spend a night around Gotemba station will be a good idea! Thanks again ^^
by shirleen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to grinpa and lake kawaguchi 2013/6/10 23:10
Depending on the rest of your itinerary and the intended time you wish to spend in the region, Kawaguchi-ko is a better place for an overnight stay than Gotemba. We stayed just 1 night in Gotemba and drove around Hakone, Grinpa and Gotemba Premium Outlet for 2 days. But for the Fuji Five Lakes area, we stayed 2 nights in Kawaguchi-ko and yet could not see all we wanted to see in the region driving around for 3 days. Besides, Kawaguchi-ko is much prettier and with luck you can wake up with magnificent view of Mt. Fuji.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to grinpa and lake kawaguchi 2013/6/10 23:46
Seem like your suggestion to stay overnight around lake kawaguchiwa is far better than around gotenba. Look like i have to re-plan my itinerary a bit just to see what I want to see around Mt. Fuji. Thanks again ^^

by shirleen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread