Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train transfers 2013/6/10 16:22
Hi,

I am working on route from Narita airport to Nishi Kasai station based on link below. Need your advise on few points which I am not clear on.
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/e-norikeyin.html

My questions are
1) Refer to route 4, Sobu line Rapid and Sobu line Local, do they arrive and depart on same platform at Funabashi station? Do I need to be out and re enter again for these 2 different line at Fuanbashi station?

2) Refer to route 3, does this route means I need to make 3 separate ticket purchase at different station?
1st ticket at airport to Keisei Funabashi/funabashi station via Keisei line Limited Exp.
2nd ticket at Keisei Funabashi/funabashi station to Nishi Funabashi station via Sobu line local
3rd ticket at Nishi Funabashi station to Nishi kasai via Tozai line?

3) Is it complicate to make the transfer between the different lines within the same station for route 3? Does it take long to exit, purchase the ticket and re-enter as it seems the arriving and departing time between the transfer train is quite short. We have travel luggage and a child with us.

4) refer to route 2, it is easy access on foot from kesei Nishi Funabashi to Nishi Funabashi?

5) Should you know of any better route thatfs cheap and easy, appreciate your advise.

Thank you very much.
by 7DC7  

Re: Train transfers 2013/6/10 17:59
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Train transfers 2013/6/11 13:20
Hi, thank you for sharing Hyperdia. Could you help me to understand how to read the results shown.

1) Refer to your link, route 3. Can I purchase all 3 train tickets at Narita airport or separately at each transfer stations sequence below?
1st ticket \720: at Airport to Funabashi station via Keisei Main line Limited Exp.
2nd ticket \130: at Funabashi station to  Nishi Funabashi station via JR Chuo/Sobu line local service.
3rd ticket \230: at Nishi Funabashi station to Nishi kasai via Tozai line.

2) Again route 3, it is easily access on foot from kesei Funabashi to Funabashi with big travel luggages and a young child?

3) Do you recommend getting any day pass? After nishi-kasai (our hotel), we will be travelling out to Disneyland (puchase following day tickets) and planning to visit 1 or 2 places like Asakusa or Ueno within the same day.

4) refer to route 6, result shows only one price \1430 through from airport to Nishi kasai, does this means I only need to purchase one ticket at airport to get on and off trains at different transfer stations?

5) Can I take JR Sobu line directly from Narita airport to Nishi Funabashi then transfer Tozai line to Nishi kasai?

Thank you in advance for your helps.
by 7DC7 rate this post as useful

Re: Train transfers 2013/6/11 13:37
Suica card in Tokyo works as EZ-Link card in SG.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html

Direct bus is available between NRT Airport and Kasai station. 1500yen. Take a taxi from there if you are a group of travelers.
http://www.keiseibus.co.jp/global/en/nrt08.html

JR Airport rapid does not stop at Nishi-Funabashi.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train transfers 2013/6/12 07:10
Thank you for sharing direct bus option.

My hotel is at Nishi-kasai station. The bus goes to kasai station. Need to clarify are they the same station?

Also, there are luggage space onboard the bus? We have large luggage and child pram with us.

Thank you.
by 7DC7 rate this post as useful

Re: Train transfers 2013/6/12 07:43
Kasai station is only about 1200 meters from Nishi Kasai ssation, so a taxi should not be very expensive.
Since the bus serves the airport I imagine it will have luggage space. But try not to carry a large suitcase. There will be a coin laundry near your hotel and perhaps the hotel will have a laundry also.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread