Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Finding this statue in Kochi 2013/6/14 07:53
I have been breaking my head over where this statue is. It's a bronze statue (assuming, because it's green) of a woman undressing herself. There's a plate below it that I believe it says 服を脱ぐ (Fuku o nugu - I take off the clothes).

I have done a massive amount of searching for all kinds of variations on this statue, on google, on images, on maps, you name it. I have even been scanning streetview in Kochi (recently added ^.^) to find where it must have been. No luck so far.

Anyone who knows where this statue might be? I you don't know the exact spot, an approximation is appreciated just as well.

And to make it easier and a picture tells a thousand words:
http://gallery.thany.nl/Japan-2013/Kochi/IMG_9479
(I assume this is ok for younger viewers, since this was out in the public for everyone to see)

All I know for now, is that is was somewhere in Kochi. The one in Shikoku, not the one in Hiroshima ;)

Thanks!
by thany  

Re: Finding this statue in Kochi 2013/6/14 09:44
Checked with some of our teachers here at school, it might be in Kochi City! There is quite an amount of statues spread all over that place. If I find out more, I will post it!
by kulachan rate this post as useful

Re: Finding this statue in Kochi 2013/6/14 11:49
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Finding this statue in Kochi 2013/6/15 00:10
Wow, Uji, you sure know a lot about Japan :)

I now see why I couldn't find it. It's the one place where streetview hasn't been yet.

But, looking at this view:
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=33.559166,133.537491&spn=0.00226...
I could verify a tiny little bit of the building in the background of the picture I referred to earlier. If you zoom in on the gap between the two buildings, you can sort-of see the same style and the same characters as in the picture.

Thanks again, Uji.

kulachan, thank you as well for checking with your teachers. But it appears I have already found this one :)
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Finding this statue in Kochi 2013/6/15 08:50
I have never seen the statue myself. But I found the location through Google and blogs.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread