Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

gaijin-friendly places near Meoto Iwa 2013/6/30 01:03
I don't want to make it seem like I'm being discriminated against, but I'm a little concerned. I emailed one minshuku out there and got a ''sorry, all full'' response, which is not to say that it's because I'm a gaijin, but I'm wondering if that might have been the case.

Anyhow, I'm going to Japan in mid September and in late September I'm hoping to see the sunrise over Meoto Iwa, as is suggested on this website. However, the first train from Iseshi to it is around 6am, about a half hour after sunrise, and it would take like an hour to walk. So I was hoping to stay next to Futaminoura station. When I looked online, I found there are several places, but they are all fairly expensive and their websites are generally all in Japanese (hence the concern about gaijin-friendliness)...

My biggest problem is that I am concerned about price as much as, if not more than, gaijin-friendliness. Right now I am looking at Nisshoukan (but it's fairly expensive for my budget) and minshuku Maruya (much more reasonably priced but the website is all in Japanese, which isn't really a problem because I can read it, but it expects you to have a Japanese address when you make a reservation)... does anybody know of a low-priced and/or gaijin-friendly place near Futaminoura station?
by mhm (guest)  

Re: gaijin-friendly places near Meoto Iwa 2013/6/30 17:35
I'd say they simply may be full, and if anything at all, please don't forget that "minshuku" is often family run, so if the family/owner doesn't speak any English or feel confident that they can provide good service without the language, they may decide to say "sorry" instead of attempting to write the true reason in English. So I would not speculate or worry about that.

Have you looked at this listing, maybe you can inquire with the ones where there are some reviews in English? Enjoy planning and traveling!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocalMaps-g303159-d1073447-c2-Nisshoukan-Ar...
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread