Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/7 13:07
How can I get from Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland park by public transport with a 7 day JR pass?

Also, can you recommend me some good hotels or places to stay in near the park?

Thank you!
by Spock (guest)  

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 08:57
How can I get from Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland park by public transport with a 7 day JR pass?

Take the Tokaido Shinkansen to Mishima Station (there are direct Hikari trains every two hours), then take the Tokaido Line to Numazu and the Gotemba Line to Gotemba. This is how far the Japan Rail Pass will be valid.

From Gotemba, you should then board a Fujikyu bus that gets you to Fuji Q Highland in a little bit more than an hour. It is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2158_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 08:59
Also, can you recommend me some good hotels or places to stay in near the park?

The most convenient for visiting the park is the resort hotel:
http://www.fujiq.jp/en/hotel/

I personally would prefer a ryokan along the northeastern edge of Lake Kawaguchiko with views onto Mount Fuji:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 12:26
I believe there's a direct bus from Kyoto to Fuji Q. Definitely there's one to Yamanashi in general at least.
Getting to Fuji Q by rail is hard from anywhere but Tokyo, Yamanashi doesnt have a railway to the west
by takeda's ghost (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 12:36
Here's the direct bus info:

http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/04.html

If you take the bus you may want to reconsider the JR Pass.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 17:08
Would it be easier to catch the train from Tokyo station to Fuji Q Highlands or is that just convenient for buses?

We were pretty set on getting a JR pass because we are going from Osaka to Kyoto, Fuji Q and tokyo.
by Spock (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 17:14
Would it be easier to catch the train from Tokyo station to Fuji Q Highlands or is that just convenient for buses?

No, that would just be longer and involve more transfers.

We were pretty set on getting a JR pass because we are going from Osaka to Kyoto, Fuji Q and tokyo.

Basically the buses are cheaper for this route, but not everyone is comfortable on the long distance buses. FujiQ really complicates the train situation, but it can still be done. Just be prepared to have to pay the local transportation around Fujigoko.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/8 17:20
Is the most convenient bus from Tokyo to get to Fuji Q Highlands from Shinjuku station? I just googled it and someone said it should take around 2 hours, which isn't too bad I guess...

Would you say we'd save more money paying for single shinkansen tickets for getting from Osaka to Kyoto, and Kyoto to Tokyo, or is it more worth it to get the JR pass? Either way, we were going to use the prepaid IC card to travel around Tokyo only.

So should we get a 7 day JR pass AND the prepaid suica card for Tokyo, or should we just get single tickets when travelling long distance? Our trip is going to be for 2 weeks (:

Thank you btw!

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/10 22:45
If someone could give us some advice on how to travel about in Osaka that would be great too (:

Because if we do get the JR pass it will be used at the end of our Osaka stay to get to Kyoto and then to Tokyo, etc.

Is there a prepaid card for Osaka? How much would I need to load into it for 4 days if there is? Thanks!!

Re: Kyoto to Fuji Q Highland? 2013/7/11 00:00
the JR pass will NOT pay off unless you return to Osaka after Tokyo or have a side trip to Hiroshima or somewhere similar. Use hyperdia.com to calculate costs and you'll see how much you fall short.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread