Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita airport to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay 2013/7/8 06:59
So, We'll be using the Kesei Narita Sky Access to Oshiage Station(Asakusa Line). It tells me to STAY ON BOARD... so I guess I don't change trains. I'll get off at Shinbashi station where I will ride the Tokyo Waterfront to Takeshiba station.

So, for the Kesei Narita Sky Access train, I'll have to get our Suica cards AND a ticket for a seat? Also, at Oshiage station, do I have to get off the train and pay again with the Suica card, or can I really just stay on board?

Also, just another confirmation of train stations... you have to pay at the first station you ENTER and the last station you EXIT?
by Cookson54 (guest)  

Re: Narita airport to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay 2013/7/8 10:13
So, for the Kesei Narita Sky Access train, I'll have to get our Suica cards AND a ticket for a seat?

No, seat reservations are not possible for that train. A Suica (or Pasmo) card is all you need.

Also, at Oshiage station, do I have to get off the train and pay again with the Suica card, or can I really just stay on board?

A transfer is never needed at Oshiage Station. But depending on the time of the day and which train you are riding, an easy transfer of trains is necessary at Aoto Station.

If you take a "Access Express" bound for Haneda Airport, no transfer is needed, but note that they only operate in the morning and early afternoon.

Also, just another confirmation of train stations... you have to pay at the first station you ENTER and the last station you EXIT?

The fare is deducted from your IC card when exiting.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay 2013/7/8 10:15
Basics
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/nrt_access/index.ht...

If you successfully catch Access Express train bound for HANEDA airport OR NISHIMAGOME stations, the train is direct to Shinbashi or Daimon station. I personally recommend to ride a taxi from Daimon station to your hotel if you are a group of travelers.

If you catch Access Express train to Keisei Ueno station, you have to transfer at Aoto staion.

Access Express train is a commuter-type train. Seat reservation is not possible. So all you need is Suica or Pasmo card.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay 2013/7/8 12:48
Will I be able to easily tell if the Access train is bound for Haneda Airport or Ueno Station? Is the final location on side of the train? If I have to switch at Aoto, am I looking for the exact same train(Access train) simply bound for Haneda Airport then? Or what am I transfering too once at Aoto if I have to get off?

Once at Shinbashi station, I'd simply transfer to the Waterfront Train, which will eventually stop right in front of the hotel.
by Cookson54 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Intercontinental Tokyo Bay 2013/7/8 13:36
Will I be able to easily tell if the Access train is bound for Haneda Airport or Ueno Station?

Yes, it is shown on displays on the platform and train.

If I have to switch at Aoto, am I looking for the exact same train(Access train) simply bound for Haneda Airport then?

Any train that goes in direction of the Asakusa Subway Line will do (they come with various final destinations). I believe this means any train that departs from the platform opposite from the one you alight.

Once at Shinbashi station, I'd simply transfer to the Waterfront Train, which will eventually stop right in front of the hotel.

Yes. Note that the "Waterfront Train" is much more commonly called "Yurikamome".
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread