Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shiretoko by public transportation 2013/7/28 17:40
We are trying to fit the whole Shiretoko in one day by public transportation. We are definetely going to the five lakes but we are not sure about the waterfalls. Which ones are best?

We are tempted to visit Kamuiwakka falls but we are not sure if it is worth, as I have read the access to the upper part is closed (we wouldnt climb a hard route either)

And then, Furuppe or Oshinkoshin Falls?
by Maria (guest)  

Re: Shiretoko by public transportation 2013/7/29 11:46
If you travel by public transportation, I recommend to visit the Five Lakes and Fureppe Falls. Access to the Kamuiwakka Fall by public transportation is only possible during certain times of the year as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6851.html

You better study the bus timetables in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shiretoko by public transportation 2013/7/29 15:55
Thanks a lot, Uji.

We are travelling In August, that is why I understood there was a bus from the Five lakes to the falls. I cheked the area bus timetables and could not manage to fit every place in one day.

Is it worth the walk to the five lakes or the elevated way is the best part of the visit?
by maria (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread