Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido in mid November 2013/7/31 19:00
Booked flight to tokyo 17-26 Nov. Planning to go to hokkaido but it seems many activities ends in october for summer and starts in december for winter.

What activities is there to do in november? Is november a good time to visit Hokkaido? or should i focus on other parts of Japan?
by yow (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido in mid November 2013/8/2 17:21
It is not the best time of the year as it somewhat falls in between autumn and winter.

Activities in national parks can get affected by snow, especially in higher elevations. On the other hand, I think that many ski resorts may not be open yet. But some may.

Activities in the cities is less affected by the seasons. And for onsen, it is a good time of the year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido in mid November 2013/8/5 17:13
Thanks Uji,

wanted to try the hotair ballon as well as the gliding activity. Quite disappointing to hear that its not a good time to visit Hokkaido. Do you think it be snowing mid november? If so, what kind of activities do you suggest in Hokkaido? I don't mind sight seeing or any other adventurous activities?

Was planning to head to Hokkaido for 6 days and tokyo 4 days.

Have visited Japan few years back and visited Osaka, Kyoto and tokyo for a period of 10 days thus wanted to try Hokkaido this time. *sighh*
by yow (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread