Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

bus service from Kansai airport to Takayama? 2013/8/6 19:23
I arrive at KIX at 7 am and would like to travel straight to Takayama as it is too early to check in to Hotel in osaka. Is there a straight bus service as we have luggages and there are 6 of us. If there is a bus service we can rest in the bus.
by siew lan  

Re: bus service from Kansai airport to Takayama? 2013/8/7 10:25
There is no direct bus. You'll have to travel via Osaka. See this page for more info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5908.htmlaFROM=2158_5900
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: bus service from Kansai airport to Takayama? 2013/8/7 10:25
No, there is not.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus service from Kansai airport to Takayama? 2013/8/8 22:58
I believe the only bus provides such service is Nohi Bus. However, you need to take the bus either from Namba (OCAT) or Kyoto Station to Takayama.
Option 1 is to take Kansai Limousine Bus to OCAT. I understand Japan Airports are pretty efficient. If you arrive KIX at 7 am, you should be able to catch the 7:55 am bus to OCAT (arriving OCAT at 8:45 am). The problem is the Nohi Bus to Takayama is leaving OCAT at 8:50 am. I don't think you can purchase the Nohi Bus ticket at OCAT within 5 minutes.
Option 2 is to take 7:55 KIX Express Train (Haruka) to Kyoto Station, arriving Kyoto at 9:31 am. Nohi Bus to Takayama is leaving Kyoto Station at 10:10 am. I am not sure whether you can purchase Nohi Bus ticket at Kyoto Station, or whether such ticket can be purchased from overseas. Hopefully someone can advise on this.
by TKT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: bus service from Kansai airport to Takayama? 2013/8/13 10:35
Thanks everyone for the answer
by siew lan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread