Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ise Shrine old and new 2013/9/11 22:13
On the article on the front page, it is said that after unveiling, for a period old and new shrines are viewable side by side.

Could someone tell me how long this period is? I plan to be there in late November. Is it still viewable?
by Joshua Hugh  

Re: Ise Shrine old and new 2013/9/12 13:24
Sorry, this is just from hearsay.
I haeard 20 years ago, you can watched both of old and new shrines for about six months, but in this time, old one will be dissolved soon on October.
But also I heard you can watch both shrines for a period of time at 豊受大神宮(ToyoukeDaiJingu) a.k.a. 外宮(gekuu) near Ise-shi station.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Ise Shrine old and new 2013/9/12 16:02
If I wish to see the old one, which are the days that I can be sure of seeing them in Oct ? Do you think it will be still be there around 16th to 19th ?
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ise Shrine old and new 2013/9/12 21:34
Although I'm unsure, I heard this time they will dissolve old one of 内宮(naikuu; inner shrine) about October 2, but 外宮(gekuu; outer shrine) will remain over October 5.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread