Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kirishima advice please 2013/9/19 22:49

I have allocated 1 day and 1 night visiting Kirishima .
I have planned on NOV 7 to catch a train from Kagoshima chuo to Kirishimajingu station, and collect my rental car @ 09:30,or earlier.
And..... this is where I need advice badly.
We have limited time,we would like to check -in to Kirishima Hotel around 16:00. Apart from general sightseeing, we love to do small (1 to 2 hrs)hike.
Could any member please advise where ,what we need to see? We plan to visit Kirishima Jingu shrine the next day, or would we have time to include this visit on the same day?
by liem (guest)  

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/20 11:49
I think a short climb to Onami Ike is nice. You can park your car in the small parking lot and the climb is 228 m, 40 min (30 min down). It is very easy climb so that you can do it with sneakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEnfOliKWo

Then go to Ebino Kogen. There are shops, restaurants and food stalls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh5aDtCkOo0
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/22 12:50
frog,

Thank you for your advice.

Would I have enough time if I do :

Depart 9:00 ​Kirishimajingu station to Takachiho-gawara Visitor Center and Takachiho-no-mine ( just look around the area no hiking) . Depart 12:00 for Lake Onami's hike, 14:00 off to Ebino Kogen , and depart 16:30 for Kirishima hotel.

Which one would you recommend between Iwasaki and Kirishima hotel?
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/22 14:49
liem,

Would I have enough time if I do :

I think your plan will work nicely.

Kirishima Hotel is a traditional, somewhat old fashioned Japanese ryokan providing Japanese style Tatami and Futon rooms and Japanese cuisine. Kirishima Iwasaki Hotel has many western style rooms with beds and you can choose Japanese and Western style dinners. Both have nice large baths. I checked their websites and the rates they provide are quite reasonable, I think. They may not be the "BEST" ryokan, but are the good standard for Japanese Onsen ryokan. If you want to ask more, do not hesitate to write here.

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/23 16:15
frog,
Again many thanks.
I am hopping to see some autumn colour in Kirishima. Would Nov 7,8 be too early?

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/25 06:07
I am not confident, but yes I think you can see some automn color in Kirishima jingo (460 m), Kirishima Hotel (800 m) and Ebino Kogen (1200 m). Some of or between these places will be in the peak season for the autumn foliage. However, in general autumn color is not so spectacular in Kagoshima.

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/9/25 09:56

frog1954 ,

Again many thanks!

Re: Kirishima advice please 2013/10/19 16:20
Hi Frog & Lien.

We are planning a trip to Kyushu next month, would you advise us to travel to Kirishima if we have 2 elderly with us?

Besides hiking and onsen, please share your thought about Kirishima.

For the fantastic scenery, can we access to those places by car? Or, hiking is the best option?

Thank you.
by Koko Lep rate this post as useful

reply to this thread