Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tohoku Bus 2013/9/25 15:55
HI,
I'm planning to visit Towadako from Oct 8 to Oct 10. I will take Shinkanshan H17 from Ueno to Hachinohe arriving at 11:31 am. I plan to reserve Oirase 25 bus (12:40 pm) seats for my wife and I when we arrive in Narita via the JR Ticket office at Terminal 2.

My first question is my flight will be arrving Narita T2 at 8:40 pm on Oct. 7. Do I have enough time to exchange my JR pass and reserve bus seats before they close at 9:45 pm? Or I may need to go to tokyo station on Oct 8 at 7:30 am.

My second question is on Oct. 10 we plan to take Mizuumi1 to Aomori, however, I heard the Hakkado Mountain Ropeway has gorgeous view and would like to get off at take the ropeway. Do I need to reserve seats from Ropeway to Aomori while I'm at Narita?

My third question is I saw you have a post talking about going up to the gorge while at Oirase valley? What do you mean by that? Where should we start and end the walk? Do we need to reserve seats on the bus? We will stay at Towadaso Hotel.

Thansk for your help.
by Wen Pei (guest)  

Re: Tohoku Bus 2013/9/25 19:07
What is "H17" Shinkansen?

No operate Hachinohe arr 11:31am one.

Search again latest timetable of JR-East web(EN).
http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation.eki-net.com/pc/english/common/tim...
by Dmx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Bus 2013/9/25 19:08
I'm glad to know you are planning to visit Tohoku. I live in Tohoku area. I guess I can answer to the first question.

Your arrival time is 8:40 pm on Oct. 7. you wrote. So, I don't think you have enough time if JR closes at 9:45 pm.

Narita is a huge airport and there are always a lot of tourists from all over the world.

In October, it will be getting cold in Tohoku, especially in the morning and at night. Just be sure to check the forecast before you go.

by YOKO1956 rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Bus 2013/9/25 20:35
It should only take you 30-40 minutes to clear customs & immigration. The lines for non-Japanese passport holders is generally shorter. You may make the 9.45pm cutoff. Otherwise, do it the next morning if you arrive late.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Bus 2013/9/26 13:56
Thank you. This is helpful.
by Wen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread