Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/26 21:07
Hi,

Date:20th dec 2013
Intending to head to Lake Toya (sightseeing), go on Usuzan ropeway, and probably have an onsen experience.

Where is a good onsen with great views and what are the customs/traditions when soaking in?

I am having a lot of difficulties finding out the transportation to Lake Toya/ Toyako onsen area. I know the Donan bus is the cheapest way to travel. http://donanbus.co.jp/pdf/kougai_20130402/20130402dtk_2.pdf
This website is in Japanese. Can someone help me figure out the schedule? (time and reservation details)
Is there a roundtrip ticket?

On the side note: Can I go down to Sapporo JR bus terminal like a day earlier to reserve? Just afraid if there won't be seats since I read that reservation is needed.

Much help needed.
by japan newbie (guest)  

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 14:00
No reservation is needed and I don't think you can reserve anyway.

You need to look at the bottom right corner boxes and look for the second bottom box.
“´ –ê ‰w ‘O is JR Toya station (first departure 7:28)
“´ –ê ŒÎ ‰· ò is Toyako onsen.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 17:33
Is it roundtrip ticket?

What are the manners to take note when soaking in?
by japan newbie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 17:34
Btw, im coming from sapporo. So what is th sapporo first departure may i know?

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 19:58
If you change plans and go to Lake Shikotsu instead, I can heartily recommend the rotemburo at Marukoma Onsen. It's practically in the lake itself, and was our favourite bath in Hokkaido (although I understand that there are lots of real natural hot springs in Hokkaido if you know where to find them and can stray off the beaten path).
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 20:52
I was referring to local bus.

I don't have experience with bus from Sapporo but if I read the timetable correctly, the schedule is box on the top right corner.
ŽD –y ‰w ‘O is sapporo station and first departure is 8am.

Unless someone else will answer it, your best bet is go to donan counter at sapporo station.

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/27 21:09
Ops.. I might have mislead by saying donan counter, I don't know if there is donan counter at sapporo station or not.

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/28 10:48
hi winter visitior, Thanks for the other options of onsen at lake shikotsu. I will visit there the next time. :)

So if there's a schedule from sapporo bus terminal at 8. Then I guess I wil check it out once I'm there.

Hopefully someone here can help me out or give me further directions.

Thank you so much!!

Re: onsen questions and transportation 2013/9/30 14:16
Hi everyone,

I chance upon this website and i roughly could make it out. http://hokkaido.basekernel.ne.jp/timetable/BUS_express_summer/2012/BUS...
It says smtg abt sapporo-lake toya/toyako onsen.

Can somebody pls help me with the schedule?
1. First bus departure or noon time departure from sapporo. (time?)

2. Last bus deaprture from lake toya/toyako onsen?

Also, would just like to clarify this.
If I want to see lake toya, take a boat trip ard it (if there is any) and go up usuzan ropeway to mt usu, which station or where should i be alighting? Toya station or toyako onsen?
or where else where I can see much more and at the same time explore the above mentioned places?

Your help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you

reply to this thread