Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/11 14:26
Hello,
From this website
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_06.html
I presume that both JR East Pass and Kanto Pass will cover this train routes to/from Omiya and Kawagoe, I just wonder if this Omiya Station has luggage locker available.. Thanks
Ayu
by Ayu (guest)  

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/11 14:44
Yes, lots of lockers.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/17 21:09
Love to hear that Omiya Station has a lot of luggage lockers available, as I need to keep my luggage at the station before heading to Kawagoe.. I will be at Omiya around 3pm and wonder what time Kawagoe will close for the day on weekdays.. Thanks
by ayu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/17 21:28
Hello,
I found this Saitama (é‹Ê) and JR‘å‹{station in Japanese name, and I go to this website http://locker1.exblog.jp/20013900/

trying to find more info about the size of locker available at Omiya Station.. but it seems I don't see Omiya Station in the list.. Any link that I can go and have a look..

Thanks
Ayu
by Ayu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawagoe trip and lockers in Omiya Station 2013/10/18 17:28
Lockers may be removed or relocated....

On a newest station map of Omiya Station, locations of coin-lockers are shown by an icon of a white key on blue background.
- http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/img/map_e/e350.pdf

A website is providing detailed information (in Japanese) on coin-lockers in major railroad stations in Japan, though it lacks time stamps.
In the webpage for Omiya Station on the website, twelve locations of coin-lockers are on a list.
- http://coinlockersearch.com/omiya.html
According to the list (with "cm" corrected as "mm"),
these coin-lockers are in four sizes, all are 355 mm in width and 575 mm in depth, but are different in height;
only 3 highest coin-lockers are located in Omiya Station, while up to 18 second-highest coin-lockers, which are 843 mm in height, are available at No. 10.

The location No. 10 is explained as outside Central Gates (south and north), in the direction of East Exit (south), at the bottom of a staircase for Lumine 1 shopping mall.
So, the location seems to be the second one from the bottom on the station map.

I will be at Omiya around 3 pm

When and how will you come to Omiya Station? (e.g. in November by Shinkansen)

Kurazukuri warehouse street is a bit apart from Kawagoe Station.
Usually Kurazukuri Museum gives admission until 4:30 pm, 30 minutes before it closes at 5 pm.
Maybe you cannot have enough time in the museum. If you come in late autumn or in winter and your arrival is delayed, it may be too dark for touring the city.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

P.S. 2013/10/18 17:58
Warehouse District
- http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6501.html

During Kawagoe Festival on 19 and 20 October 2013, Kurazukuri Museum extends its open hours to 7 pm.
Kawagoe City does not seem to have own-translated web information about sightseeing, only providing machine-translated web pages.
It sounds better to ask the staff in advance about closed days of the museum and whether explanation on its exhibitions is available in English.
- http://www.kawagoe.com/kzs/info.html
You see a phone number (for domestic calls) and an e-mail address in this page; they are common for all museums, so a name of the museum you would visit is necessary.

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe 2013/10/19 15:33
Thank you Omotenashi san,

After getting all these information from the Forum, I have to re-schedule my plan on that day.. I will be in Minakami in the morning, doing a trail walk + onsen.. and then come down to Takasaki taking Tobu Line to Kawagoe-shi Station which is closer to the main street than Kawagoe Station (I guess).. and then get back to Takasaki, picking up my luggage and heading to Yamagata instead.. This will save me time storing the luggage and taking JR Saikyo Line to/from Omiya Station..
Ayu

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/19 16:46
I made a big mistake when checking in HYPERDIA about travelling from Takasaki to Kawagoeshi and was so happy that it takes only 17-18 min to get there by Tobu Line.. but it was a mistake, I typed "Takasaka" instead of "Takasaki".. and NOW it turned out to be a "2-hour" travelling time in fact from Minakami via Takasaki ~ Omiya to Kawagoeshi.. If I could leave Minakami latest by 2pm, it would be after 4pm.. humm, do I still have enough time to walk around if I don't get into the museum?

Thanks
Ayu

Re: your itinerary 2013/10/19 18:40
Only small numbers of trains and buses are available for traveling to and from Minakami.
In order to reach Kawagoe by 4 p.m., you will have to catch a bus scheduled to departure at 13:40 from near Minakami Station and arrive at 14:05 to Jomo-Kogen Station bus terminal....
So, you had better visit Minakami and Kawagoe on different days; if I were in your shoes, I would not cut many hours for a big trip just in order to make a short trip.

I recommend you would ask for comments in a new thread on how to revise your full itinerary.
For example, trips to Odaiba and Kawagoe can be made in one day.

Anyway, a transfer is needed in Omiya if you travel from Kawagoe to Yamagata by rail.
You can take a Shinkansen Tsubasa train which runs through Tohoku and Yamagata Shinkansen Lines.
(Takasaki Station is not on Tohoku Shinkansen; JR-East Shinkansen network forks at Omiya Station for Tohoku Region and for Takasaki, and at Takasaki Station for Niigata and for Nagano.)

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/20 11:30
Thank you Omotenashi san,

You are right I should not put Minakami + Kawagoe in a day,, My travelling plan should now be on my last day in Takasaki I will go to Green Bukojo (farm) in the morning by 9am, I should be able to get back to the hotel well before 1pm, and then pick up my luggage and go straight down to Omiya, find a locker and take a train to Kawagoe.. in this way I believe I should have enough time there before heading back to Omiya, taking Shin-Tsubasa to my next destination.. haha

Thanks very much for this Forum and all persons who answer our questions and providing good links for reference.. Each time I go to Japan, I count on this Japanguide's information a lot..

Ayu

Re: your itinerary 2013/10/21 08:44
Green Bokujo (not Green "Bukojo")
- http://www.greenbokujo.co.jp/english/index.html

Shibukawa Station bus terminal Bus Stop No. 3:
Departure at 08:36,
Arrival at 08:51 to Green Bokujo-mae (the 23rd stop);
Green Bokujo-mae:
Departure at 12:09,
Arrival at 12:29 to Shibukawa Station bus terminal.

Shibukawa (12:39) {Local} (13:04) Takasaki.
(The next train runs about 50 minutes later.)

From Takasaki you can take a Shinkansen train with a JR East Pass / a JR Kanto Area Pass to Omiya.

Enjoy your trips.

Re: Omiya to Kawagoe with JR East/Kanto Pass 2013/10/21 20:40
Omotenashi san,

Your suggested time schedule is perfect.. I will get on a train at 07:45 from Takasaki to Shibukawa etc etc.. Many thanks

Ayu
by ayu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread