Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 questions about TDL? Low season/souvenirs? 2013/10/14 01:50
Hello!

I was wondering which time would be better to go to Tokyo Disneyland/Sea (as far as crowd levels go)? First or second week of April (Golden Week is not until last week of April, right?), some time between 20-31 of May, or sometime in the first two weeks or September?

I do not have any definitive dates for my trip to Japan next year, but it is extremely likely it will be in these dates. Going to TDLR will be a bug part of my trip, and I would really like to go when I can ride as many rides as possible :)
Also, I am only used to going to theme parks during off season (like Disney World in Jan.) so I am afraid I will have no idea what to do if there are large crowds and all the attractions have 2+ hour waits :/

My other question is what sort of prices are souvenirs in the Japanese parks, are they comparable to U.S prices? Such as Mickey Ears - somewhere around \1500-2100?
I have been trying to get my budget for souvenirs down, and I was wondering if the one I use for WDW could work at TDLR?

Any help or suggestions you might have would be wonderful!

Thank you very much,
Marina
by Marina_Ray (guest)  

Re: 2 questions about TDL? Low season/souvenirs? 2013/10/14 13:06
There is no off season at Tokyo Disney Resort(sea+park). A huge crowd can be expected all year especially during school holidays and national holidays(today is a national holiday too!).
School holidays are between March-April(Spring break), July-August(Summer break), Dec-Jan(Winter break). You can be checked JP national holidays on JP calender.
I think September visit is still too hot unless it towards end of the month. A May visit sound good but rainy season can be expected towards end of the month.

Mickey ear(headband) is 1050 YEN(1000(product price) + 50(Consumer tax)).

Souvenir prices range:
Sweets(mainly cookies, chocolate) - 700-3000 per item
Soft Toys - 2000+(upto 50,000 or 100,000 etc)
Key chains - 700+
T-shirts - 4000+

You can be checked part of goods sold at Disney Resort here
http://www.disneystore.co.jp/shop/top.aspx

Disney's goods are not cheap.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 questions about TDL? Low season/souvenirs? 2013/10/14 17:40
http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/disney/

I use this site as a crowd predictor- I've found it pretty accurate. Just switch btwn TDS/TDL to see what days expect the big crowds.

I find the pricing better than attractions in Australia- like a cold 600ml coke was Y200 for example.

You can go to the TDLR site at the moment at look at their price point for Halloween specialty merchandise to give you an idea- it'll say these menus are only in Japanese but a few clicks later you're looking at cute Disney Halloween merchandise with the pricing attached.

Hope that helps- I love TDL/TDS too.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 questions about TDL? Low season/souvenirs? 2013/10/14 22:51
WOW! Awesome information! Thanks you two!
This info is really going to help me plan my trip!

Thanks,
Marina
by Marina_Ray (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread