Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyajima Trip 2013/10/14 02:19
Hi all,

Currently planning a trip from Hiroshima to Miyajima. I plan on arriving at Miyajima around noon. Below is my planned walking tour in Miyahima. Is it do able for the duration between 1pm to 7-8pm? Will it be too late to catch the ferry back to Hiroshima at around 8pm? Also, is it correct that the ropeway connects Momijidani Station to Shishiiwa Station?

From Ferry Terminal Walk to Senjokaku Hall and 5 stories Pagoda - walk to - Momijidani Station - Take ropeway to - Shishiiwa Station - walk to - Mt. Misen Summit - take Daishoin hiking trail to - Daishoin Temple - walk to - Itsukushima Temple - head back to Hiroshima.

Thanks much in advance.
by theogn8219  

Re: Miyajima Trip 2013/10/14 11:50
At Momijidani you pick up the gondola and transfer midway to the ropeway for Shishiiwa. From there it's a easy hike up to the summit of Mt. Misen. Continuing down from the summit to Daishoin is mainly a lot of stone steps that eventually follows a small stream.

The last time I did it I took the 4:30 PM ropeway to Shishiiwa and was on the summit overlook tower in time to listen for the last call for the final ropeway down at 5 PM. After hanging around the summit for probably 30 minutes trying to climb the biggest rock, we headed down and were back at the ferry by 7 PM.

The last ferry for Ujina Port in Hiroshima leaves at 5 PM but the last ferry to Miyajimaguchi is just after 10 PM. In this case you can either take a JR line or the street car back to Hiroshima Station. Both JR and the street car are close to the ferry docks.

Ujina Port where the long ferry departs from also requires reservations and is a long streetcar ride from Hiroshima Station.

To get to the Ujina Port bound ferry is possible but you could be cutting it close depending on how long you hang around each place. If you go via Miyajimaguchi you have more than enough time.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima Trip 2013/10/14 16:51
actually... if it is as hot and humid as it was when I was there 2 weeks ago, this is not an easy hike up to Mt. Misen at all!
Bring plenty of water
by a-mole (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyajima Trip 2013/10/16 05:09
Thank you for your responses. For the ropeways between Momijidani and Shishiiwa Station, do i need to make a reservation? Or i can just walk to the station and buy ticket from there?
by theogn8219 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread