Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling to Hokkaido during GW 2014 2013/10/21 18:00
Hi all,

I've finally manage to visit Japan after planning for such a long time. But too bad, didn't do much of a research and i've booked my flight ticket on 26Apr - 8May 2014 , which happens to be the Golden Week of Japan :(

Anyhow, I have to move on for my own DIY travel plan. And here are my itinerary @ Hokkaido 5 nights :

1st May - Flight from Tokyo to Sapporo (morning flight) day tour around Sapporo and rent a car. To drive to Otaru daytrip or Takino Suzuran Park daytrip

2nd May - Drive from Sapporo to Monbetsu to visit the Takinoue Moss Pink & Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park. Overnight at Asahikawa.

3rd May - Drive frm Asahikawa to Furano visit Furano Flower Field and surrounding. Leave Furano around noon drive to Noboribetsu-Onsen. Overnight at Noboribetsu

4th May - Drive from Noboribetsu to Hakodate. Visit Goryakaku Park and Mount Hakodate at night. Overnight at Hakodate.

5th May - Drive from Hakodate to Sapporo. Visit Otaru daytrip or Takino Suzuran Park daytrip. Overnight at Sapporo.

6th May - From Sapporo back to Osaka.

** Will be planning to start each day driving earliest by 8AM for each destination.

Will all these places mentioned be super crowded? Any inputs to re-arrange my itinerary will be much appreciate :)
by michael (guest)  

Re: Travelling to Hokkaido during GW 2014 2013/10/21 19:10
Search google MAP(.com) "get direction"
or Northern Road Navi
http://northern-road.jp/navi/eng/index.htm
by SS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Hokkaido during GW 2014 2013/10/21 20:14
Hi SS,

Appreciate your reply.I already did my research on driving at hokkaido. My only concern is the golden week traffic at those area that I am planning to visit.
by michael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Hokkaido during GW 2014 2013/10/21 20:40
traffic? No problem.

GW of Hokkaido is not best travel and flowers season
bc still cold(too cool/No snow).

Most Japanese travelers knows Air fare (one of)most expensive than regular days and weather condition(temp) not best(warm).
also No lavender[ラベンダー],No Furano!
http://www.club-t.com/special/japan/hokkaido-flower/images/furano/img-...

GW Hokkaido border of Winter and Spring.
by SS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Hokkaido during GW 2014 2013/10/23 10:24
Will it be more advisable to travel around Sapporo & Hakodate with JR trains than driving during the GW ?
by michael (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread