Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Skytree waiting time on Nov weekday 2013/10/22 01:55
Does anyone know what it's like in terms of queuing on a weekday for the Tokyo Sky Tree lately? Would arriving at 9-ish be too late? Is there a shuttle to take us from Tokyo Station to the Sky Tree? e will be staying in a hotel in Ginza (Tsukiji). Any input would be much appreciated.
by Jeanette (guest)  

Re: Tokyo Skytree waiting time on Nov weekday 2013/10/22 13:08
Hi

Normally waiting time of sky tree is 30-60 min but in morning 8-9am, the time is shorter.

There is a shuttle bus to skytree from Yaesu- minami-guchi (the yaesu south exit of tokyo station. No.2 bus stop.

http://www.tobu-bus.com/pc/skytree_shuttle/02.html

Departure time: 7:30, 8:00, 8;30, 8:50 - 3 buses per a hour.

about 30min, JPY500, no need to book.

My blog for tourists visiting Japan
«
http://japan-magical.blogspot.jp/
by TaruTarusan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree waiting time on Nov weekday 2013/10/23 01:13
Thank you so much. This is definitely helpful.
by JCPeace rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree waiting time on Nov weekday 2013/10/23 02:46
Does anyone know what it's like in terms of queuing on a weekday

That may depend on days and weather conditions, I suppose.
(Please note that the 4th of November 2013 will be a holiday.)

If you have several days in Tokyo, I recommend you would let your itinerary be flexible so that you can visit Tokyo Skytree on one of a few weekdays.

Anyway, admission tickets for the upper observatory Tembo Galleria are available only in the lower observatory Tembo Deck.
Basically admissions to the observatories are valid for that day (until around the end of the business hours), but when an observatory is crowded, you might be asked to proceed following instructions of attendants.

I have climbed Tokyo Skytree a few times, but not yet in this autumn.
At one time on a weekday in the last autumn, I got admission to Tembo Deck very smoothly in the evening around 6 p.m.
In summer 2012, in the morning there were so many visitors to Tokyo Skytree that attendants were delivering coupons, each of which designated a 30-minute time zone for the holder to gather gain; I got one of the coupons, and climbed the tower later in the evening.

will be staying in a hotel in Ginza (Tsukiji).

Will you meet someone in Tokyo Station?
Unless you have something to do in or near Tokyo Station, you will not need to stop over there on your way to Tokyo Skytree.
: From Higashi-ginza Station, you can take a train on Toei subway Asakusa Line to Oshiage Station.
: From Tsukiji Station / Ginza Station, you can get to Oshiage Station with one easy transfer in Ningyocho.
: From Ginza-itchome Station / Shintomicho Station, you can get to Oshiage Station with easy transfers in Tsukishima and in Kiyosumi-shirakawa.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Skytree waiting time on Nov weekday 2013/10/23 03:38
Hi Omotenashi,
Thank you very much, indeed, for your advice. We will be arriving Tokyo Nov. 18, leaving Friday the 22nd. Will definitely explore the Sky Tree Tower/town on a weekday. Transportation instructions are GREAT! Thank you again.

By the way, I have one more question re transportation from Narita to Ginza Creston Hotel. There are 4 of us, each carrying one piece of luggage and a bag pack. Would Narita Express N'EX be a good choice? I worry about wheeling the luggage around. Would the fixed rate taxi be an option since the 4 of us is sharing the cost? Advice would be greatly appreciated.
by JCPeace rate this post as useful

reply to this thread