Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Private onsen Hakone 2013/11/2 08:57
My family (parents + boyfriend) will be going to Hakone in December for a day trip.

We are hoping to experience a private onsen. (Kasikiri higaeri onsen) Mid to higher end is fine.

Do you have any personal recommendation?

If you can share your experiences, that would be greatly appreciated!
by smrtyskrt  

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/11/3 21:44
You could check out Hakone Yuryo.

They offer 3 different types of private baths all different sizes and these run from 3800yen, 4800yen and 5800yen p/h.

http://www.hakoneyuryo.jp/english/hotsprings/

I've not been yet however I am going within the next 2 weeks and out of all the hot springs I looked at online this place looked the best for private baths for both cost and location.(which has a free shuttle bus that runs between Hakone Yuryo and Hakone-Yumoto Station.)
They are also very happy to take reservations (1 month in advance) by email which is what I did. hakoneyuryo@odakyu-hotel.co.jp
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/11/3 22:07
Hi Kari san

Thank you for your suggestion. Could you share your experience at Hakone Yuryo onsen with me later?

And also thank you for the email, I shall send them an email to make a reservation as well.

Cheers
by smrtyskrt rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/11/4 16:04
i would like to hear your experience as well
by bethkersten rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/17 16:38
Hi,
Any feedback on the service of the onsen?
by keinn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/17 18:55
I went there earlier this month. The experience was great ! I booked the type 2 private onsen (room sakura and room datan to be specific). If you are going for type 2 rooms, beware that some onsens in the room are just a "bigger tub", and not a rectangular onsen (that seems bigger!)

I booked it for an hour, and it was enough for me (the water is too hot !). After the onsen, I also had an appointment at the massage centre. It was really good too! very relaxing !

If you have any questions, please let me know & i will be more than happy to help!

Also note that type 2 onsen rooms do not have
by smrtyskrt rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 12:18
Hi,

I aware that people with tattoos are not really welcomed in most onsen.

In this resort, if I were to book a private room onsen, is it alright? what would you advise?

Thanks.
by Parisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 12:25
My advise would be to have them covered up and not let on that you have tattoos.

When I visited Hakone Yuryo in November I booked a private bath and I was fine because I kept them hidden.

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 13:33
I see, thanks. I think I should really book private room to avoid unpleasant moment.

I might asked silly question, in this private bathroom, everything is all by yourself including the dressing & the wash up area?

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 13:41
generally, dressing & the wash up area are also private area.
you can use a private onsen room with a family or a group.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 13:47
you may imagine a western style hotel room, with a large bath area and no bed room. So it is private.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/27 14:01
Great! thanks for the advises! I really want to go the onsen on my next trip.

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2013/12/28 00:19
@Parisa

Yes at Hakone Yuryo the room you book includes the bath (obviously), a wash room and a room with a table, sofas etc. All of which is private and the door is locked from the inside once you are inside.

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2014/1/19 21:22
Any one has any other similar recommendation? Hakone Yuryo has 2 days closure on the 19 & 20 Feb which I plan to visit. Any other Onsen has private room facility? Thanks.

Re: Private onsen Hakone 2014/7/24 04:03
Hello there,

My family and I are planning a day trip to Hakone in late October or early November.
However I noticed that the Hakone Pass only has a 2-day or 3-day pass, which ideally we spent the night over at Hakone before we head back to Tokyo.

I would like to hear from any of your kind feedbacks regarding a family oriented ryokan with private onsen.
What is the price bracket we should be looking for. Most listed are rather pricey
by Pororo27 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread