Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yoshino mountain for autumn leave 2013/11/2 11:20
Hi, I wonder if Yoshino Moutain in Nara is a good spot to see autumn leave? Is it worth it?
by Chantai  

Re: Yoshino mountain for autumn leave 2013/11/4 10:47
I think that Yoshino's temples and shrines justify a trip to Yoshino at any time of the year. I visited in autumn last year. There are some autumn colors, but they are not outstanding compared to other autumn color spots in the Kansai Region.

So, if you intend to go there specifically for autumn colors, it may not be worth it. But in combination with Yoshino's regular sights, autumn is probably the second best timing of the year for a visit (after the cherry blossom season, of course).

Autumn comes with much fewer tourists than the cherry blossom season, which some tourists may appreciate.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Yoshino mountain for autumn leave 2013/11/4 12:29
Thank you very much Uji. It is highly appreciated if you can advise where are the best places to see autumn leave in Kansai area then because I travel this time for autumn leave only :) Cheers - Hien
by Chantai rate this post as useful

Re: Yoshino mountain for autumn leave 2013/11/4 13:11
Kyoto is the best place in Japan to see autumn colors. Usually in the second half of November:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3953.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread