Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2013/11/7 01:31
I have already got many helpful information from this Forum, so I hope to help some of you by posting these information:

Although it's just November 2013, you can already book tickets for the Miyako Odori in April 2014 in Kyoto. In fact, some shows seem to be fully booked. At least the special class tickets are not available any more for all shows.

Here is where you can find the information about ticket classes, fax number etc:
http://www.miyako-odori.jp/english/index.html

Here are the dates and times for the 2014 shows:
http://www.miyako-odori.jp/miyako/offer.html

I wanted to book a special class ticket but I don't have a fax machine, so I sent them a reservation request in english, using one of these internet companies that allow you to send faxes by internet. In the request, I told them the day and time of the show I wanted to book and two other possible days and times in case the show was already booked. I told them my e-mail-address and asked if they can send me the confirmation by e-mail.

Three days later, they sent me some information about available tickets by e-mail, telling me that the show on my favourite time and date was already booked and giving me information about available shows on the other dates I had told them. After I had answered, it took them just one or two hours to confirm my reservation.

In the confirmation e-mail, they also gave me advice about the ticket pick up and payment. Pick up and payment by cash can be made just before the show - or before the tea ceremony, in my case. They didn't need information about my hotel, my home address or my phone number.

So after all, it's been quite easy to book the ticket and I'm already looking forward to the show.
by Bullet Train  

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2013/11/7 17:52
I'm glad i stumbled across your post. thanks for all the information and links.
wow in just one week of reservations, all the special class tickets are all gone?!
There seems to be no email to contact them online. i hope i can still get a seating =(
by sasuke1008 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2013/11/7 22:05
Don't worry, not all the special class tickets are gone. But not all shows are available any more. For example I wanted to book a ticket for the 16.50 show on April 5th, but there was only another show available on this day (I think the first one, but I'm not sure). I got a special class ticket for a show on another date.

by Bullet Train (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/9 01:23
Hello, thank you for your tips! After seeing your post, I have faxed my reservation through an online website. It's been almost a month and I didn't receive a confirmation yet. So I have contacted my hotel to do the booking for me, and I received an answer from the hotel saying that Miyako Odori told them that they only accept advance payment bookings. Does anyone have the same issue?
by panbear rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/17 23:45
Sorry, I haven't read your question before.

In my case they didn't ask for a credit card or any kind of payment, so I can't give you any advice.

Are you sure that your fax has been sent properly and did you tell them an e-mail-address for the confirmation? Maybe you should just try it once more by fax, using another e-mail-address.

Good luck and please tell if you had success!
by Bullet Train rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/19 11:00
I have send another fax using another website (http://www.myfax.com/free) and instead of attaching the fax as a Word Document, I copy pasted my request in the form directly. This time, it worked and they replied me with a confirmation by email a few days after. Thanks again!
by panbear rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/21 04:45
My pleasure!

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/21 04:54

I sent a fax by www.myfax.com on Saturday and today I received the confirmation of the reservation for 29. April Special Class ticket (4,500 yen each, incl. tea ceremony) not accept a credit card and must arrive 40 minutes before
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/26 07:53
Hi all,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just wanted to let people who find it that that the miyako odori website now has an email address - ticket-info@miyako-odori.jp. They got back to me quickly when I used it to reserve my tickets for this April.
by flash1999 rate this post as useful

Re: Miyako Odori Reservation 2014 2014/1/26 21:23
Tank you for the information, that's great and it makes reservations much easier!

reply to this thread