Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/11/13 21:03
Hi, I'm hoping to book a simple bus trip from Kanazawa to Shirakawago and back to Kanazawa on 18 Jan 2014, during the first winter light-up event in Shirakawago.
How should I make the booking? I do not need a tour as I've visited Shirakawago before.
Currently there's no bus coming back from Shirakawago after the light-up event.
Please advise. Thanks!
by beautysan (guest)  

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/11/15 03:17
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/11/15 15:01
Thx for the link for Nouhi bus. But there seems to hv no bus after 5 or 6pm so how does the people who goes to see the winter light-up go back to Kanazawa?
by beautysan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/11/15 15:01
Thx for the link for Nouhi bus. But there seems to hv no bus after 5 or 6pm so how does the people who goes to see the winter light-up go back to Kanazawa?
by beautysan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/11/15 22:48
You might want to spend a night at Takayama. Then You could take the 7:42pm bus.

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/12/1 03:23
Hi I am from Singapore. I couldn't get to book the light up tour on 18th jan 2014. But I did get some quote from cab that cost 16000yen one way. Anybody want to share cab back from shirakawago after the light up, please contact me thru email.
by Tomato (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/12/1 10:54
I might be wrong but the bus reservation site says you can book one month before so the reservation for Jan 18 hasn't started yet.

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2013/12/31 00:13
I'm looking for a bus or tour from Kanazawa on this night too.

Staying in Takayama for the night isnt really an option, as we will have been there several days before.

by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2014/1/14 22:33
Hi Tomato,

Me and my girlfriend are also looking for how to get from Takayama to Shirakawa-go on the night of 18th.

I just checked prices for rent a car which should be about 7000 YEN per day which is much cheaper than taxi, thought not sure if its easy to park the car over there...

Let me know if you are interested, we might come up with something together.

by Jack (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2014/1/15 15:42
I am also looking for way to visit the winter light-up from Tokyo on 9 Feb. Unfortunately, all the bus tours from Tokyo or Takayama (iSite, Yokoso) are fully booked, and the minshu in Shirakawa-ko are also fully booked on that night too. Next option is to stay at Takayama on 9 Feb but the last bus from Shirakawa-go departs at 17:20. Renting car is not an option for me. What would be the possible option for me to visit the site from Takayama or other nearby place? Taxi @ 16000 yen 1-way could be feasible as I have 4 person to share. Any other suggestion?
by Leo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago Winter Light-up on 18 Jan 2014/1/15 22:46
4000yen/person sounds reasonable considering its sold out everywhere. You might get cheaper if you can find more people and arrange bigger taxi hence lower cost per person.

reply to this thread