Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

wakayama 2014/1/6 06:41
Intending to stay 4 or 5 days at the kumano koyasan, yonhino area.
Question central point at wakayama ,with a combinations of kansai wide area pass and Kansai Thru Pass is a good option ????
by NELIMA  

Re: wakayama 2014/1/6 13:43
The Kansai Wide Area Pass costs about the same as a regular one way ticket from Osaka to the Kumano area. Depending on your route, it may be of interest.

The Kansai Thru Pass is good for travel to Koyasan. It does not cover quite the entire trip to Yoshino. And it is useless in the Kumano area. I don't see it pay off.

The Kansai Wakayama Pass could be of interest, but note that the buses between Koyasan and Kumano are not operating everyday:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_wpass.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: wakayama 2014/1/6 16:33
day 0 arriving at kansay after 7pm ,take limousine bus to WAkayama
day 1 take wide area pass do nashi taisha and hatayama taysha and kushimoto
day2 = wide area to shirahama , kansai thru to hongu taisha and may be riyji onsen
day 3 - to yoshino with wide pass ,back to hashimoto use kansai thru to koyasan
day 4 koysana to osaka namba stations
day 1 only waide area
days 2,3,4 combinations of wide and kansai thru pass
is thia a reasonable combinations???
by NELIMA rate this post as useful

Re: wakayama 2014/1/6 17:41
I am afraid the itinerary as it stands is not reasonable. The main problems are:

1) Transportation in the area is very slow. From Kumano to Yoshino by Wide Pass takes half a day if not longer. But also shorter distances, like Shirahama-Hongu are time-consuming. I think you underestimate the travel times in several cases.

2) The Kansai Thru Pass is not valid in the Shirahama/Hongu area.

I recommend something like the following:

Kansai Airport - Wakayama - Shirahama - Kushimoto - Nachi - Shingu - Hongu - Koyasan - Yoshino

Hongu-Koyasan is very time-consuming. Please study the map on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4951.html

Alternatively, if buses between Koyasan and Kumano run on the given day, the following route could be an option:

Kansai Airport - Koyasan - Shirahama - Kushimoto - Nachi - Shingu - Hongu - Yoshino
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: wakayama 2014/1/6 18:12
thaks Uji
I' ll see the options you said
If there is another question I'll ask later
by NELIMA rate this post as useful

reply to this thread