Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Address registration in the Zairyu card 2014/1/8 16:32
Let me see if I got this right (it's annoying how vague the information can be in the endless sea of official guidance papers). What address is inscribed on your Zairyu card when you get it at the airport upon arrival? Person X got most of her documents, including the COE, using the address of the company she will be working for, but in fact she will stay permanently at a different place from day 1. Is it possible for person X to submit that address to the immigration at the airport before they issue the Zairyu card? It would be really annoying if you get a wrong address in your card and have to go through all procedures of moving in/out.

After that, from what I understand, person X still needs to go to the local municipality and register for a "juuminhyo", is that right? Even if the adress on the Zairyu card is correct?

Finally, what do the mobile phone companies accept as documents now (for making a new contract)? Back then they required the "touroku jikou kisai genpyou", will they want a copy of the juuminhyo now? Or just the Zairyu Card and the passport will suffice?
by AlexanderStankov  

Re: Address registration in the Zairyu card 2014/1/8 19:57
When you landed in Kansai, Haneda or Narita airport, you will be issued a Zairyu card. You need to visit your local city office in your residence within 14 days to resister your Zairyu card. and then also you need to register your addrece of residence at the office within 14 days, then Juminhyo will be issued.

If you land in airport other than above 3 airports, a stamp will be on your passport, then you need to visit your local city office to get issue Zairyu card within 14 days, and also need to register your address in JP with in 14 days.

To make a cellphone contract, you need to bring your Zairyu card and your passport. The most keitai shops only accept valid credit card payment a/c only(other than visa debit a/c). Or ask the other Gaijin about how to buy a cellphone in JP.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread