Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone freepass bought within the free area 2014/1/9 00:59
Hi,
I'm planning to go from Kyoto to Hakone using the Shinkansen and will be staying for a night. I will be buying the Hakone Free Pass from Odawara.

The next day, I'll be going to Tokyo. Will the trip from Hakone to Shinjuku be covered using the Free Pass?

Thank you :)
by Chelsia (guest)  

Re: Hakone freepass bought within the free area 2014/1/9 09:49
Will the trip from Hakone to Shinjuku be covered using the Free Pass?

No, the pass sold at Odawara only covers transportation within the free area in Hakone. The trips to/from Tokyo are not covered.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone freepass bought within the free area 2014/1/9 14:09
Hi, I am also planning to go from Kyoto to Hakone. That means i have to buy Shinkansen ticket from Kyoto to Odawara, then buy Hakone free pass at Odawara station, then board the train using the free pass from Odawara? After complete the loop, I have to go back to Odawara, then take another Shinkagen to Tokyo? If you can clarify for me, that would be greatly appreciated.
by colleen643 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone freepass bought within the free area 2014/1/9 17:20
Thank you Uji!

Do you mind suggesting the least cost possible way for this itinerary? Thank you :)
by Chelsia (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread