Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Purchasing Skytree Tickets in Advance 2014/1/11 16:14
Hi all,

I'll be in Japan early April and would like to go up the Skytree. I know there will be a long line for tickets so I'm trying to see if I can get them in advance. I happen to have a friend there right now who's most likely going to Skytree to so I'm thinking of having him purchase it for my friends and me. Does anyone know if:

1) Advanced purchases are allowed months in advance?

2) If it is, does he have to give a specific date/time or a date range at the time of purchase?

Thanks for your help!
by jhuat88  

Re: Purchasing Skytree Tickets in Advance 2014/1/11 23:38
As far as I know your friend won't be able to buy it for you from the counter.

Here is the options to reserve in advance
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3064.html

My advice is go on weekday. Typically 30-60mins wait which is not really long time in my opinion.
by guear rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Skytree Tickets in Advance 2014/1/12 00:01
It is very difficult to book tickets for Sky Tree, especially from abroad.
I went in August, Monday to 5:00 PM, there was no more than 30 minutes waiting time.
I do not regret having waited:http://www.soleilrouge.org/tokyo-sky-tree-enfin-on-monte
by fuchan29 rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Skytree Tickets in Advance 2014/1/12 04:10
Hmm interesting, I was actually there in November with my parents and I remember I had to queue up over 90 minutes on a weekday. Given that I'll be going during the school holidays this year, it could be worse.

I have another friend going later in March this year too so I guess my question would be is it even possible for advanced reservations over the counter? Or do they only sell same day tickets on the spot?

Thanks.
by jhuat88 rate this post as useful

Re: Purchasing Skytree Tickets in Advance 2014/1/12 05:26
I went to the Skytree last April on a weekday, and the total waiting time was like 10 minutes. Seems it depends on when you get there!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread