Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is Akihabara like 2014/2/6 20:08
Is it really the place where everything anime is
by theorb11  

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/7 08:53
Yes it really is Anime and Manga heaven.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/7 10:46
Electronics and flashing lights everywhere.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/7 14:35
Included in electronics are amazing fridges with 4 to 6 compartments, also toilets-bidets, ceiling lights etc. all operated by remote controls..

Then there are stores with a whole big single floor 2 with cameras only, another huge floor with TVs only...etc.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/7 16:39
I know a lot of people like it, but personally it gives me an icky feeling of paedophilia.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/7 17:43
Nakano Broadway has lots of hard-core manga- and anime-related stuff, like shops where you can buy animation cels.

http://whereintokyo.com/venues/25361.html
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/8 01:19
Akihabara is Akihabara, but Akihabara is HQ for Anime all over the world my opinion.

its about the size of time square nyc.shibuya is bigger than time square nyc, with much more too see.

if your a big anime fan then there are a lot of store there for kids and adults.they are also arcade there too.

if you check the correct stores you can find DC/Marvel and some SIFI figures.

when i was in Japan staying in Osaka for two weeks they said Osaka "Nipponbashi" aka Den Den Town was an up and coming spot with animes. but i only saw a 1 anime store but they were a lot of arcade store. but the style is not like Tokyo Akihabara.

WARNING: you may get overloaded with all the anime figures and stuff in Akihabara. so keep your money at and only bring about $100 to $150.keep the credit card in your hotel room. lol
by SeikoSKO rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/8 05:19
Akihabara is great but it is worth going to Nakano Broadway as well. There are other sites as well Ikebukuro for instance has several shops catering for the BL crowd.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/9 09:54
Basically its a city for otakus. So yes. Yodobashi Akiba gachapon = FTW.
by gladystan rate this post as useful

Re: What is Akihabara like 2014/2/11 10:31
I got lost in Akihabara and missed out all the fun. But did tried out their food in "Gundam cafe" It was awesome!

This time I am going back to shop at "Donki" where they sell lots of cheap electronic, clothing and toys...
by Yukari Koichi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread