Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi in April 2014/2/11 00:12
Hello!
This year Kamikochi is stimated to open April the 18th. What's the chance of going there three days earlier? (April 15). Will I be able to go? Everything will be closed? I will not be allowed to enter?

My guess is that it will be cold but you could walk around there no problem.

I was planning to go with public transportation, will there be buses going there?

Thanks!
by ninjab  

Re: Kamikochi in April 2014/2/11 06:48
What's the chance of going there three days earlier? (April 15). Will I be able to go?

The road will be closed. So, buses and taxis cannot reach Kamikochi yet. But I think it is possible to walk there, although I am not 100% sure. I think it takes about two hours one way from the tunnel entrance to the Kappabashi Bridge. Not recommended!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kamikochi in April 2014/2/11 19:26
Thanks!
2-hours walk doesn't look like a lot, but if I'm going to walk through a road, views will probably not be really exciting :)

Will the area around Okuhida nice to see, anyways? There seems to be short hiking trails (around 30 minutes) around there, but will I be able (in mid-April) to take the Shin-Hotaka ropeway and from there do some light hiking (3h or so).

Any other suggestions of nice things to do in the area (Okuhida, Kamikochi, Takayama) related to hiking & hot springs would be awesome. I was planning to stay that night on one of Okuhida onsens, but I want to explore the region a little by foot. Is it worthwhile?
by ninjab rate this post as useful

reply to this thread