Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/24 05:45
Hi folks, I'm visiting Japan for the first time in November 2014.

I would like to propose there somewhere really picturesque, quiet and romantic. I'm completely open to ideas but I am really struggling for where to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind if it's day or night I just want to do it in a way that's truly memorable.

Thanks for any help.

John
by JohnRogers1983  

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/24 21:58
well at least we should know where are you going to visit...

but for my personal experience i would say somewhere in kyoto...what about a night open air onsen?

maybe november is not the best moment to visit but if you want to do something really epic i suggest you to do in spring and wait for sakura bloom ;)
by robocoder rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 00:03
Hi, Thanks for replying. The plan is to just head south from Tokyo. We dont have a set route yet per se but we would like to visit Osaka, Kyoto and anywhere else worth a visit.

Thanks again.
by JohnRogers1983 rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 08:32
You can try http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html in Arashiyama. In the second half of December there should be beautiful red leaves. Minus: it's crowded. Also, be prepared that Japanese will take photos of you if you kneel down with a ring. ;)
by himcia rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 10:41
on top of the Tokyo Tower, but do it at night.
by Evolicious76 rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 11:29
I think somewhere a little quiet and private. That way you don't have to worry about being jostled by tourists and can take the time to enjoy the moment.

Though having said that, on Tokyo Tower at night is the somewhat cliche love spot.

There's a couple quite places on Miyajima that could be nice. There's a little rest area on top of a hill near Imaise shrine that could be nice.

Or in a quiet corner of Fushimi Inari as you're hiking around. Depending when you're there, it can be quite quiet further up the path.

If you splurge and do a fancy meal in Kyoto with a private room, that could also be nice.

You probably know more than us what your partner would consider a romantic and unforgettable location. Perhaps you can have something planned out in your head but keep the ring on you and if the perfect moment appears you'll be ready for it.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 17:31
Hi all,

Thanks again for all the comments. I am looking for somewhere quiet and remote with no one around. Somewhere beautiful and breath taking. Im thinking of some kind of beautiful spot in Kyoto but having never been there before I am unsure if this is right.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
by JohnRogers1983 rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/25 22:15
It's hard to say... there's a lot of beautiful spots in Kyoto but finding a beautiful spot that's also quiet and not bustling with people is more difficult.

I like Shosei-en Garden and the two times I've been there it's been really quiet with only a couple other people around.

http://www.topsightseeing.com/japan/kyoto/parks/shoseiengarden.htm

Or maybe a quiet corner of the Imperial Palace grounds/park area....

I feel like I should have more suggestions but I'm drawing a blank. I'm sure others will have better ideas.
by Sage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/26 03:08
I agree with Sage. Shosei-en Garden in Kyoto would almost be perfect. The leaves should be changing in November, it's VERY quiet, and very accessible, and you're unlikely to have a problem with crowding.

And there's a combini around the corner, so you can purchase a bottle of sake to take back to your room to celebrate with!
by Amyranth rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/27 07:28
i say Nagasaki at Mount Inasa (Inasayama)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4412.html
by SeikoSKO rate this post as useful

Re: I want to propose in Japan 2014/2/27 08:12
I'm not a native, but one terrific place I think (by pictures) is HAKONE. Seems really beautiful and romantic.

And don't forget to tell us later what you chose and how it went ;D

good luck!
by hjpsilva rate this post as useful

reply to this thread