Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen hopping at Okuhida 2014/3/1 01:38
Hello!

For my late October trip to the Japanese alps, I plan to take the Shinhotaka ropeway in the morning and do some onsen hopping on the way down to Hirayu onsen. Is this doable in a day?

Any suggestions on the must-visit onsens?

Thanks in advance!

by misch (guest)  

Re: Onsen hopping at Okuhida 2014/3/1 09:40
It depends a little on where you start and end your day. But if these places are not too far from Okuhida, then your plan would be easily doable.

The following are my recommended onsen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5942.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen hopping at Okuhida 2014/3/1 17:05
Thanks for the info, Uji!

Yes, I'm planning to hike down through the Okuhida onsen villages. How much time should be alloted for the walk down (inc photgraphy time) if I do the onsen for 30mins each? According to the bus sched, they are not so far apart... and it's a walk down, so it should not be difficult, right? I dont have hiking skills, that's why.

If I do the ropeway at 9 am, then maybe I can start my trek at 10? I want to end the day with an overninght at the Shirahone onsen area so I can start the day early at Norikura kogen and Norikuradake.
by misch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen hopping at Okuhida 2014/3/1 17:29
Yes, I'm planning to hike down through the Okuhida onsen villages.

You can use Google Map to measure distances. I don't recommend walking. It is mostly along the road. I don't remember designated space for pedestrians. I don't imagine it to be very attractive unless there are trails that I am unaware of. I recommend to use the bus, instead. There are some tickets available that let you get off and on as many times as you wish.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Onsen hopping at Okuhida 2014/3/1 17:55
I see... OK, I guess i'll make good use of the bus then..

Thanks again for the tips, Uji!
by misch (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread