Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 14:33
I'm planning to visit Matsumoto on April 13 or 14th.
My goal is to see the castle light up and cherry blossom.
But I saw the forecast for Cherry Blossom at this site, that said the blossom in Matsumoto will be started at the 13th, and that castle light up will not begin until the 3rd day of blossom opening.
Should I skip going to Matsumoto entirely? and maybe add another day in Kyoto (where I'll be going to after Matsumoto).
Is anything worth seeing near Matsumoto area other than the castle?
I would love to go to Kamikochi, but it's not open yet.. :(
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
by DoyN  

Re: Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 17:02
It is too early to forecast the timing of the blossoms. Is it necessary to make the decision now? If not, I recommend to wait for at least another month until making the decision.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 17:16
Thanks Uji-san..
But I need to make hotel reservation, and if I decide to pass Matsumoto, it will be difficult to find relatively cheap accommodation so close to the sakura season, especially around Kyoto.
by DoyN rate this post as useful

Re: Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 22:57
We went to see Matsumoto last year b/c Himeji in Hyogo was under renovation. We wanted to see a castle that is still largely in the original structure and I think these two are the more well known ones.
by lalainec2003 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 23:09
Thank you Uji-san and lalainec-san.
I've been to okayama castle, wakayama castle, and hikone castle. So, the castle itself does not really interest me.

And if I want to add another night at kyoto, I need to make the reservation immediately.

So, I think I'll make a reservation for both matsumoto and kyoto for now, then cancel one of them when I have more information.

Thanks for the advice.

PS to moderator, I post a reply here about 4 hours ago, and my post does not show up. Any idea why? Thx.
by DoyN rate this post as useful

Re: Should I skip Matsumoto 2014/3/7 23:28
I'm pretty sure Matsumoto is not considered a major destination if you are not interested in the castle.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread