Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/8 20:27
Hi. Im planning to do a day trip to Fuji Five Lakes on April 12 (Sat). I am coming from Shinjuku. I plan to take the earliest train to Otsuki (7am). If I do this, I'll get to Fujisan around 9AM.
Here's what I'd like to see:
Chureito Pagoda
Fuji-Q Highland
Lake Kawaguchicko (views of the lake and the mountain and the kachi kachi ropeway)
In addition, I would like to visit either Lake Yamanako or Kawaguchiko 5th Station. Going to the latter would cost more money and significant time. What do I expect to see at the 5th Station? Should I just forego this and visit Lake Yamanako instead?
Thanks so much.
by Tangerine007  

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/10 02:27
help please. thanks.
by Tangerine007 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/10 04:29
There is quite nothing to see at the 5th station. This is primarily a place of departure to make the ascent. I think its better to visit yamanato lake. Hereafter, you can see my expérience on Fujisan. Some pictures are shot at 5th station:http://www.soleilrouge.org/l-eternel-mont-fuji
by fuchan29 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/14 22:27
thank you. Ill check it out.
Is lake yamako same as lake yamanato?
thanks.

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/15 07:05
If you're going to make a day trip, I think you are going to Lake Yamanaka time so as not enough.
If you go to Fuji-Q Highland, 2-3 hours it takes in order to riding a roller coaster, and you can see the attractions.
There is a waiting time especially on Saturday.

I will tell you that the Fuji-Q Highland and Fuji 5th, nearby bound high-speed bus has been operating from the West Exit of Shinjuku Station.
High-speed bus is capable of reservation. However, there is road congestion in holiday.
http://transportation.fujikyu.co.jp/english/gettinghere/index.html

Have a nice trip!
by passerby (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/15 16:07
Thank you for your suggestions.
Actually I just want to see the rides in Fuji Q Highland. I don't have the guts to try any of the rides except the ferris wheel. haha

Will consider taking the bus. Thank you.

Re: Fuji Five Lakes Itinerary 2014/3/15 18:26
I have information that I forgot to tell you.
When it is the middle of April, because of the snow, there is a possibility that You may be able to go partway by bus, have to walk up to the 5th Station. It will be equipped with essential trekking.

I hope that the day of your trip is clear.
by passerby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread