Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 02:07
We go to japan in april 2014, we plan a trip from Kyoto to Matsue, from matsue to Hagi, from Hagi to Tsuwano, from Tsuwano to Hiroshima. Is there still railway problems, sections out of service ? Do we take buses ?
I worry about that beacause we have already booked in theses spots and may be that itinerary will be too long or too difficult ?
We have bought a JR pass.
Thank you for advices.
by Brigitte34  

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 10:46
You'd probably go by train from Matsue to JR Yamaguchi Station. From there the fastest way is to take a bus to Hagi (and back).
From JR Yamaguchi Station you can take a train to Tsuwano.
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 11:36
No problem except time, Matsue to Hagi is three hours and a half at least, trains are also not very frequent, check Hyperdia.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 11:51
The segment from Matsue to Hagi is fine; a little long but quite scenic. The tracks from Hagi to Tsuwano are still out so your choices are a long roundabout route to Tsuwano or the bus. I recommend the bus.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 11:59
There are buses directly between Tsuwano and Hagi, so you wouldn't have to go all the way to Yamaguchi. I don't remember if they were JR buses though, so you may have to pay but it's very convenient.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 22:38
I tell about the interruption of railway related to your trip.
If you're going to the train travel JR San'insen from Matsue to Hagi, you need to transfer to a shuttle bus at Susa station on the way.
The reason for this is under construction until autumn section of from Susa Station to Nago Station.
And, If you are looking to make you move in only JR line to Hiroshima by way of the Shin-Yamaguchi from Tsuwano if I have to get on the shuttle bus during the Chifuku Station from Tsuwano Station, for under construction.
We will not be able to display in Hyperdia the exact timetable of bus and train in the section that the construction described above. This has been referred to Hyperdia the Japanese version. JR Pass can ride the shuttle bus.
By the way, If you see the sights in Hagi, who was off at Higashihagi station rather than Hagi station is convenient.
by passerby168 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 23:04
Thanks to all people who reply ! On www.japan-guide.com, I found same informations about sections out of services and shuttle buses to replace. It's ok.
On the other hand, Hyperdia dont'mention it ?
They mention trains all along the line ?
by Brigitte34 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 23:16
Since the buses are acting as trains, the train lines are considered operable, so they remain on Hyperdia. Hyperdia will not tell you how to get to any destinations via bus (except airports).
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/21 23:24
Thank you Rabbitrama. I suppose that the time is the same by shuttle bus or by train, and that Hyperdia time table is right.
by Brigitte34 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train to Hagi and Tsuwano 2014/3/22 00:10
I agree with view to train and shuttle bus to have consideration for appropriate transfer time.
However, I think Hyperdia would not necessarily have provided a timetable completely accurate, because there is a timetable change on March 15. I rather not want to annoy the complainant of this thread, I think travelers would want to travel smoothly in Japan. JR West has to offer in PDF only the Japanese version of the timetable of the interruption interval. The problem I think personally a very unkind to travelers from abroad.
http://www.jr-odekake.net/oshirase/sanin-yamaguchi/ (Japanese)
by passerby168 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread