Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/27 20:05
Hello All,

I'm going to Japan this November solo. Please help me with these... is it too ambitious?

My itinerary so far includes:-

Day 1-(Arriving at Haneda) Arriving pretty late on Day 1, so Day 1 is off limits for sightseeing.

Day 2- Shinjuku/Shibuya/Odaiba (Not yet finalized)

Day 3- Tokyo -Ghibli Museum & Fujio F Fujiko Museum & maybe go to the totoro cream puff cafe..

Day 4- Kyoto (Arashiyama and still looking at what places to see)

Day 5- Kyoto (Have not finalized yet where to go)

Day 6- Koya-san (One Night in Shukubo)

Day 7-Osaka (Dotonbori and other places, have yet to finalize)

Day 8-Osaka (Day Trip to Hiroshima & Miyajima)

Day 9- Catch super early shinkansen to tokyo, and check in hotel and head back to yokohama, or maybe i should leave baggage at yokohama station and check in late? since the shinkansen would first pass yokohama then only stop in tokyo? (Evening in Yokohama) -(May scrape yokohama altogether to spend more time in tokyo), what do you think?

Day 10-Disneyland (A must, my first disney trip)

Day 11- Day Trip to Nikko

Day 12- Ikebukuro/Akibahara/Asakusa/Roppongi/Harajuku (Not yet finalized) (Catch 11pm flight home)

Is the ghibli and fujio f fujiko museum doable in one day? or do u need more time or can i fit in other places in tokyo? How about the day trip to hiroshima and miyajima from osaka? is it doable? Any suggestions for osaka and kyoto? what are the must see
by Aishteru85  

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/28 14:16
Ghibli and fujio f fujiko museum need booking.
Summer school holidays,every regular weekends and natinal holidays tickets already sold outs usual.
Read official web and past QA of this forum.
by Tina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/28 15:06
I'm aware of that both fujio f fujiko and ghibli museum, I will arrange my hotel to get those tickets for me... but can these two places be done in a day?
by Aishteru85 rate this post as useful

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/28 15:07
And, the JR pass, will it be okay if its a 7-day pass instead of the 14-day pass? And I'm thinking of getting a Kansai Thru pass, would it be worth it?

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/29 04:14
Here are my recommendations for things to see and do in Kyoto:

1. Kinkaku-ji - The Golden Pavilion
2. Kiyomizu-dera Temple + Chawanzaka Lane (Awesome narrow street that leads to Kiyomizu and has lots of cool souvenirs)
3. Dinner on Pontocho Alley in Gion
4. Kitasaga Bamboo Groove
5. Okochi Sanso Villa (near the bamboo groove)
6. Fushimi Inari Taisha (the shrine of a thousand red gates)Also, check out the sake breweries near Fushimi Inari!

Here's my Kyoto post for more ideas: http://www.blaineanderin.com/one-day-in-kyoto/

by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/29 14:02
Thanks Erin for the suggestions, I will check it out, how about the Otagi-Nenbutsu-ji, is it worth to go take a look? as it is outskirt of kyoto?

Re: Itineraries Help, 11 Nights 2014/3/30 20:30
Sorry my revised ones so far includes:-

Day 1-(Arriving at Haneda) Arriving pretty late on Day 1, so Day 1 is off limits for sightseeing.

Day 2- Shinjuku/Shibuya/Odaiba (Not yet finalized)

Day 3- Day Trip to Nikko

Day 4- Tokyo -Ghibli Museum & Fujio F Fujiko Museum & maybe go to the totoro cream puff cafe..

Day 5- Kyoto (Arashiyama, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari Shrine and still looking at what places to see)

Day 6- Kyoto (Have not finalized yet where to go)

Day 7- Koya-san (One Night in Shukubo)

Day 8-Osaka (Dotombori and other places, have yet to finalize)

Day 9-Osaka (Day Trip to Hiroshima-PM- peace park, war musuem & Miyajima (in the am))

Day 10- Catch super early shinkansen to tokyo, and check in hotel and head back to yokohama, or maybe i should leave baggage at yokohama station and check in late? since the shinkansen would first pass yokohama then only stop in tokyo? (Evening in Yokohama- Possibly going to Ramen Museum) -(May scrape yokohama altogether to spend more time in tokyo), what do you think?

Day 11-Disneyland (A must, my first disney trip)

Day 12- Ikebukuro/Akibahara/Asakusa/Roppongi/Harajuku (Not yet finalized) (Catch 11pm flight home)

reply to this thread