Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sending packages to hotel in Japan 2014/3/28 02:40
Hello! I am going to be in Fukuoka on 30th March and I ordered a small package (sim card) to be shipped to the hotel/ryokan place I'm going to stay. I am going to arrived at the place around 6~7pm and I specified when I ordered the package for it to be shipped in the morning (because I had to leave early the next morning).

I've done this for a couple of times when I'm traveling alone but I am traveling in a group for this trip.

So, I was wondering if it is necessary to inform the hotel about the package (since my name in the reservation will be under a group)? If so, how should I tell them in Japanese?

Thanks in advance!
by Sara K (guest)  

Re: Sending packages to hotel in Japan 2014/4/2 04:22
It's not necessary, I think. But if you worry, tell your name and the day you arrive. Then say
小包送りました。受け取っておいて下さい。
Kozutsumi okurimashita. Totte oite kudasai.
(I send small package. Please keep it)
by Yuton (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending packages to hotel in Japan 2014/4/2 08:56
If the booking is not in your name, it might be nice to inform them, just to be sure.

3月30日チェックインするXXです。予約はYYの名前でしてあります。そちら気付で自分あての小包をおくりました。受け取りをよろしくお願いします。

San-gatsu sanju-nichi ni chekku in suru (XX - your name) desu. Yoyaku wa (YY - group name) no namae de shite arimasu. Sochira kitsuke de, jibun ate no kozuzumi wo okurimashita. Uketori wo yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

[This is (your name) checking in on March 30. The reservation is in the name of (YY - group name). I sent a package to myself c/o your place. Please receive it.]
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sending packages to hotel in Japan 2014/4/2 10:47
I would inform the hotel if I was you. I do even when the booking is in my name, partly out of courtesy and partly to inform them so they don't send it back to the sender.
by Obake (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread