Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Help (Kyoto and Tokyo) 2014/3/28 14:29
Hi! I'm really excited about my trip to Japan and I made an itinerary featuring what I hope to do when I'm there however I don't know if it's possible and was just looking for some feedback on it! One question that I have is whether I should stay one more day in Kyoto instead of Tokyo and do a day trip to Nara (or Osaka) or spend the extra day in Tokyo and travel to Nikko for a day? Also when traveling to Tokyo from Kyoto would it be possible to stop in Nagoya to see the Atsuta Shrine ( is it worth it?? ) and still accomplish what I have planned in the itinerary below?

A little background info:
-10 days in japan
-leaving september 25 and coming back on the 5 of october
-first stop Matusaka (hometown)
-second stop Kyoto
-third stop Tokyo
-First time there!!

My sample itinerary:

Thursday 9/25
-Leave SFO at 11:15

Friday 9/26
-Arrive in Nagoya at 6:05 and travel to Matusaka
-Stay at friends house

Saturday 9/27
-Visit friends and family
-Visit Ise Grand Shrine (Amateratsu)

Sunday 9/28
-Travel to Gyozanen Ryokan and be picked up at around 1 ofclock (maybe)
-Visit Kyoto Tower or Kyoto Station
-Maybe visit sights around Ohara
-Night in the Gyozanen Ryokan, Ohara

Monday 9/29
-Northern Higashiyama
-Southern Higashiyama
-Walk in Gion + Ponto-Cho

Tuesday 9/30
-Arashiyama
-Central Kyoto
-Southeast Kyoto
*Fushimi-Inari Taisha (visit near sunset)

Wednesday 10/1
-Travel to Tokyo
-Harajuku
-Visit the Meiji Shinto Shrine
-Yoyogi
-Shinjuku

Thursday 10/2
-Visit Tsukiji Fish Market
-Asakusa
-Odaiba

Friday 10/3
-Day trip to Nikko (shrines close around 4:30)
*Shin-kyo to Rinno-ji to Tosho-gu, Nemuri-neko, Futarasan Jinji, Takino Jinja, Tamozawa Villa, Kamangafuchi Abyss ????????????????

Saturday 10/4
-Ueno
*Tokyo National Museum
-Akihabara

Sunday 10/5
-Maybe try to see cosplay on Harajuku Street
-Leave for home at 4 pm

Finally I was just wondering if there was a good outlet store near any of the places that I could visit during my trip.

Thanks!
by JBirdi  

Re: Itinerary Help (Kyoto and Tokyo) 2014/3/31 07:16
Here I post a message so that this thread could catch an eye of a visitor who knows well.

It requires about 1 hour to get from Kyoto Station to your ryokan in Ohara. I recommend you would check timetables of buses when you reach Kyoto.

Personally I would not stop by Nagoya only for Atsuta Shrine, though I have not yet visited it.
If I were in your shoes and flew into Centrair near Nagoya, I would probably stay first in Nagoya and visit a few spots in and around the city, then tour Kyoto City on weekdays considering possible crowdedness in a weekend.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Help (Kyoto and Tokyo) 2014/4/2 17:58
Arashiyama, Central Kyoto and Southeast Kyoto sounds too many not to mention going from one end of Kyoto to the other. You might want to move Central Kyoto together with 9/29 as Gion is in (more or less) central Kyoto. You might also want to move Asakusa to 10/4 as you're already in the general area. Google map those places so that you can see which areas are near one another.

I find that it's the US who has the best outlet shops.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread