Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Itinerary 2014/3/29 12:04
April 8 (Friday)

Togetsukyu Bridge
Tenryugi Temple
Bamboo Groves
Jojakkoji (not a priority)
Nisonin (not a priority)
Saga Torrimoto Preserved Street
Adashino Nenbutsuji
Otagi Nenbutsuji
Daikakuji Neighborhood
Sagano Scenic Railway
Monkey Park (optional)
Fushimi Inari Shrine

April 9 (Saturday)

Kyoto Imperial Park
Ginkakuji
Philosopherfs Path
Nanzenji
Keage Incline
Heian Shrine
Yasaka Shrine
Kodaiji
Higashiyama Streets
Kiyomizudera
Nishiki Market
Gion or Pontocho

I pretty much followed the suggested itineraries here at japan-guide with some additions. I don't mind waking up very early (5AM is ok). I want to cover as much as I can. I am staying in Shin-Osaka (2 min walk from the JR Station).

My questions are:
1) Is the itinerary doable? Is the sequencing of destination areas convenient or ideal?
2) For the above itinerary, would you recommend that I purchase the two-day kyoto sightseeing card for 2 days worth JPY 2000? I dont know how to operate a bike, please dont suggest it.
Extra information, I have the Japan West Rail Pass valid for my entire stay there. I already bought it online as I will also be going to Nara, Kobe, explore Osaka in some days.

Thank you so much.
by Tangerine007  

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2014/4/1 23:57
hope somebody can help me. thank u
by Tangerine007 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2014/4/2 03:42
Those are two very busy days. On Friday 4/8 you can probably see the major sights of Arashiyama district that you're interested in. (Bridge, Tenryu-ji, Bamboo Grove, Saga Toriimoto and maybe the railway)

For Saturday 4/9 - You won't be able to get all those sights in, just because everything is so spread out. Gion, Yasaka Shrine, Kiyomizu-dera, and Pontocho are all within walking distance so definitely do that chunk all at once.

In one day in Kyoto we saw: Fushimi Inari, Kinkaku-ji, Kiyomizu-dera, Yasaka Shine, Gion and ate dinner in Pontocho Alley. It was a full day but it was doable. (Here's my post about our day in Kyoto: http://www.blaineanderin.com/one-day-in-kyoto/)
by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Itinerary 2014/4/2 16:13
Thank you Erin!
by Tangerine007 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread