Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Chitose Airport 2014/3/31 01:53
Hi all,

We will be in Sapporo in late May. I've read about the Chitose airport being an attraction in itself. The airport sells a variety of snacks from around Hokkaido. Is it possible to just visit the airport to buy those snacks (I'm not arriving or departing from that airport)? I wondered if I have to pass immigration to access those shops.

I will be in Sapporo and have a JR pass. Alternatively, is there any place in Sapporo that sells snacks from different regions of Hokkaido?

Thanks
by Newbie2013 (guest)  

Re: Shin-Chitose Airport 2014/3/31 10:13
There are many shops in central Sapporo that sell Hokkaido souvenirs. A trip to the airport is not needed. If you visit the airport, after all, note that most of the shops and other "attractions" at Shin-Chitose Airport are located outside the secure area and can also be used by people who do not take a flight.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Chitose Airport 2014/3/31 10:54
Thank you Uji-san for the information. I will explore the central Sapporo area for first before I visit the airport.
by Newbie2013 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread