Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/3/31 16:20
Hello!

I am looking forward to visit Matsumoto and the castle in April 2014 and would appreciate any advice on the following:

1. Would like to catch the cherry blossoms but due to tight schedule can only arrive either 18th or 21st depending on prior schedule. Will this be in time to see the cherry blossoms?

2. For 3 people should we take the train or drive from Tokyo to Matsumoto? It looks like renting a car and driving is cheaper due to dividing the cost by 3. Is it difficult to drive from Tokyo to Matsumoto?

Appreciate any help very much =)
by Andy (guest)  

Re: Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/4/1 00:30
Full blooms is forasted on April 17th at Nagano city. Matsumoto is the same, I assume.

19th is a better timing to visit Matsumoto.

You need navigation (GPS) talking in Japanese if driving. Map guide on screen may be OK, but you will easily get lost. May time consuming even if it is cheaper than train. Plus expressway is not free. 5,000 yen plus one way. No free parking lot in the tourrism spots.

Shinjuku to Matsumoto by train, it takes three hours and cost you about 6500 yen one way per person. Hard to tell, train or rental car, though.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/4/6 13:07
Thanks very much for your help!
by Andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/4/10 23:51
Hi Andy, if you choose to visit Matsumoto by renting a car on 21st, may I and my son join you? I think it will be cheaper to rent a car by 5 persons
by deean rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/4/11 03:13
Hi deean, think we are going to go down on the 18th to catch a better sakura viewing.
by Andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura Viewing in Matsumoto 2014/4/11 05:39
matsumoto are predicted to reach full bloom around the 14th.
check here for live camera near the castle : http://welcome.city.matsumoto.nagano.jp/contents11+index.id+14.htm
by Shandy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread