Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 07:54
Hi

I seek your help

I arrived in narita on 1 april and was unwell. I bought narita express to a place near yokohama but forgotten to purchase suica card

is there a way to purchase in yokohama or tokyo ?

I bought b-mobile too but it doesn't work

regards
by Jwen  

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 10:03
You can buy Suica or Pasmo at every single railway and subway station in Tokyo and Yokohama. Suica is available at JR stations, Pasmo at all other stations. There is no difference between Suica and Pasmo otherwise.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 10:04
You can buy suica card at any train station with a manned counter like Tokyo.
by SameMe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 14:50
Some JR stations sell SUICA cards from vending machines next to the regular ticket machines. Yokohama and Sakuragicho stations are almost guaranteed to have Suica vending machines.

Sakuragicho was also the southern terminal for the first railroad in Japan -- There is a small monument to this outside the south wall of the station.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 15:18
No need for a manned counter. Just get it at the regular vending machines, which can be switched to English btw. Someone mentioned Yokohama and Sakuragicho. Both of those stations will have vending machines that sell suica cards.

I bought b-mobile too but it doesn't work

Which one did you buy? Tourist or regular version? Will your device work in Japan? Is it unlocked?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/3 21:25
Here is a link to an image of the upper half of a JR-East multifunctional vending machine.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/suica/use/equip/img/card/image_01.jpg

From this April, a Suica Card is sold at various prices (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 10000 yen). Each price includes 500 yen of a deposit.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/4 07:02
ALL stations in Tokyo have vending machines from which you can purchase either Suica or Pasmo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: where I could get suica card in city? 2014/4/5 10:59
Hi all. Thanks for your response. .now in romance car Odakyu from fujisawa to yoyogi koen. Hopefully I find lockers as I have to attend an event here.

unable to visit yokohama yet
by Jwen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread