Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/3 10:40
I have a few questions here regarding my upcoming trip to Japan. I will arrive Nagoya Centrair International Airport and the flight is expected to land at 4.30pm. My question is:

a. IF I plan to take a direct bus from Centrair to Takayama and the bus leave at 5.00pm, do I have time to catch the bus? (I only have a backpack and no luggage).

b. I plan to cover Kanazawa, Shirakawa and Takayama with one night stay at each place, then head back to Nagoya. Is one day more than enough for each place?

c. Do I expect to see snow in any of these place around 25th November? Or it is still mainly colourful leaves?

d. I plan to visit Korankei as well. Is end of November the best time to visit Korankei? Do I expect to see the peak of the autumn colour?

Thanks and rgds.
by kooks  

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/3 10:59
a. IF I plan to take a direct bus from Centrair to Takayama and the bus leave at 5.00pm, do I have time to catch the bus? (I only have a backpack and no luggage).

That is probably way too tight of a transfer. Is there a later option in case you miss the 5:00 bus?

b. I plan to cover Kanazawa, Shirakawa and Takayama with one night stay at each place, then head back to Nagoya. Is one day more than enough for each place?

One day is probably good for Shirakawa-go and Takayama. Kanazawa would benefit from 2 days. Note that once you factor in your transportation time you'll have more like half a day in each spot.

c. Do I expect to see snow in any of these place around 25th November? Or it is still mainly colourful leaves?

In an average year Shirakawa-go has a little snow at that time. The rest may get a light dusting if any at all.

d. I plan to visit Korankei as well. Is end of November the best time to visit Korankei? Do I expect to see the peak of the autumn colour?

Yes and yes

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3316.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/3 11:15
That is probably way too tight of a transfer. Is there a later option in case you miss the 5:00 bus?
The last option should be an 8.00pm bus from Meitetsu Bus Station, bus arriving Takayama at 11.00pm (not sure if this is a good option though).

by kooks rate this post as useful

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/4 15:51
I would like to know is it true that Hirayu Onsen and Shin Hokata Onsen are closed on November? Means that I cannot visit these places during my trip?

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/7 12:00
The hot spring resort of those two places is open in winter. As long as the road is not closed to traffic in the snow, you can go there.

I think in Kourankei in the end of November, the best time to see the autumn leaves are past slightly, but in the place where it was to see how the last year, it's worth going.
The photo at the bottom of the page of the blog below is the place of last year.
http://www.hyakunensou.co.jp/asuke/2013/11/ (Japanese)
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/23 12:23
I have another question here.

According to Nohi Bus website below, passenger from Centrair to Takayama (direct bus) is entitled for special rates on buses to Shirakawa and Shin Hokata.

http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/centrair/index.html

My question is, if I am travelling on reverse direction, meaning from Takayama direct to Centrair, will I be entitled for that special offer as well?

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/23 21:25
Unfortunately, No, You won't.
Special offer of which are provided only passengers from Centrair. You will not be able to receive them when you buy a ticket for the bus at the Takayama.
by passby168 rate this post as useful

Re: Chubu Trip in Autumn 2014/4/25 16:18
Noted. Thanks a lot for your information.

reply to this thread