Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Romance Car - Shinjuku to Odawara to Hakone 2014/4/3 12:19
Dear All,
Need some advice.. I have seen lots of posts on how to get to Shinjuku to Hakone via Romance car.. I also would like to take this to experience the nicer train but I like to stop at Odawara Station as I like to go to the Odawara Castle before I go Hakone at about 12pm.. If I buy the Hakone Free Pass + upgrade to Romance car, does the ticket allow me to drop at Odawara Station and then take 1 stop to Hakone-Yumoto?

At the same time, I intend to reach Hakone at 12pm. If I take the normal Hakone-loop, can I finish by 7pm?

Will there be some nice food at Hakone-Yumoto Station for lunch?

Appreciate all advices!
Thanks!
by Wendy (guest)  

Re: Romance Car - Shinjuku to Odawara to Hakone 2014/4/3 16:54
When will you be visitng?

7 hrs is definitely sufficient for doing the round course but I think some of the modes of transport like the pirate ship and the ropeway end earlier. Anybody can confirm?

There are a few restaurants at Hakone-Yumoto Station but I'm not sure if they are nice.
by CL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Romance Car - Shinjuku to Odawara to Hakone 2014/4/3 16:58
Hi CL,

Thank you for your reply :)

I am thinking of visiting either on 2 June or 3 June depending on the weather, whether its raining or not. I understand it should be just summer?

I'm trying to do as much as research as I can.. But i realised I'm getting more and more confused. :(

And I'm also concerned on the Romance car..
by Wendy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Romance Car - Shinjuku to Odawara to Hakone 2014/4/3 17:04
I'm sorry I can't help much with the Romance car as I didn't ride on it but will you be headed back to Tokyo after Hakone?

If so, then perhaps you can buy the 1-way Romance car ticket (to ride from Tokyo to Hakone) and stop by Odawara when on your way back to Tokyo from Hakone.
by CL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Romance Car - Shinjuku to Odawara to Hakone 2014/4/3 17:17
Hi CL :),

I don think I can stop by Odawara Castle on my way home as the castle closes at 5pm..
But in any case.. appreciate your input :)
by Wendy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread