Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My itinerary for my trip 2014/4/3 14:14
Hello Guys,

I will be going to Japan for a second time from the 9th of June to the 25th, I know, i know... Tsuyu... :( do you guys think it will be real bad?

These dates were the only ones in I could travel so better something than nothing right? ;)

I put here my suggested itinerary taking into account I've already being there, there are a few places I'll go for the first time: Osaka, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Uji, Possibly Hakone?

I'm willing to accept suggestions and advices for other sidetrips as well.

01 – Arrive: Northern Tokyo, Ueno, Asakusa, Akiba
02 – Tokyo west Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku
03 – Tokyo Nakano Broadway Ghibli Museum
04 - Tokyo Kamakura.
05 - Tokyo Fujigoko or Hakone?! or Matsumoto? No idea really with this day.
06 – Nikko
07 –Nagoya, Castle, Tokugawa museum. Afternoon go to Takayama to dine and sleep
08 – Takayama, half day Tour to Shirakawa-go, some takayama go to Kyoto to sleep.
09 – Kyoto East: Philosopher's path, kiyomizudera, sanjusangendo. (Would there be time to go to Arashiyama and Kinkakuji and surroundings?)
10 - Nara in the morning, Uji in the afternoon, Fushimi Inari when coming back
11 – Osaka, and go to Kobe at night to have Kobe beef.
12 – Hiroshima go to Miyajima to sleep
13 – Miyajima Back to Tokyo to sleep
14 – Tokyo, Zojoji
15 – Tsukiji eat sushi and go to the airport.

I have many days in Tokyo, because I also have a business in Mexico about anime and stuff like that, so I will be going to buy good for my business too...

I think I will be in a pretty tight schedule everywhere except for Tokyo, I'm a fast pace traveler and don't mind returning to my country extremly tired haha

thanks in advance guys

by Fred1989  

Re: My itinerary for my trip 2014/4/3 15:34
Personally I would opt for Hakone on day 5 and perhaps day 8 you can consider to spend a night in Shirakawago instead of just a day trip since you don't mind to get to tired. LOL. And move on to Kanazawa or skip Kanazawa and move to Kyoto.

http://whenshetravelstheworld.blogspot.sg/2013/12/japans-golden-route-...
by wenwen0614 rate this post as useful

Re: My itinerary for my trip 2014/4/4 10:48
Day 5 - I've only been to Hakone out of those, but it was great! (Here's my post on Hakone: http://www.blaineanderin.com/the-best-day-trips-from-tokyo-hakone/

Day 9 - I don't think you will have time to go to Arashiyama and Kinaku-ji in additiong to the others. If you get a real early start you may be able to get one of the two in.

Have fun!

Last June in Tokyo was not too rainy at all. But I was told June 2012 was super rainy. SO it could go either way. Just bring an umbrella and you're good to go.
by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: My itinerary for my trip 2014/4/7 23:41
Thanks to both of you....

I think i will end up in Hakone, hope there's good weather and i can see mount fuji...

And yes, i think kyoto will be too packed, good thing I already know those places.

any other recommendations?
by Fred1989 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread