Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

getting around in Nikko 2014/4/9 14:29
Hi, I'm planning a 2-day visit to Nikko so I'm very interested with the Nikko 2-day pass. However, the pass doesn't cover Lake Chuzenji, so can I catch separate bus service to visit the site? Are there buses to major visitor sites in Nikko?
As the All Nikko pass, it is valid for 4 days so I think it's kinda waste to buy it just for visiting 2 days.
Your feedback is much appreciated, thanks :)
by miku_arashi (guest)  

Re: getting around in Nikko 2014/4/9 15:11
There are buses you can get, but one-way bus from Nikko to Chuuzenji will be 1150 yen, so you'd be better off buying the 4-day pass. It doesn't matter how many days you stay, I'd get it even for a day trip.
by AlexanderStankov rate this post as useful

Re: getting around in Nikko 2014/4/9 15:41
The railroad and bus fees for a roundtrip from Asakusa via Tobu-nikko to Chuzenji-onsen are about 5020 yen (= 2 x (1360 yen for railroad + 1150 yen for bus)) if you do not choose any Ltd. Express train.
So, an all Nikko Pass sold at 4520 yen will pay off for your itinerary.
The fees will be the same even if you travel from / to Kita-senju Station, which is located closer to Tobu-nikko Station.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: getting around in Nikko 2014/4/10 13:47
Hi guys, thanks so much for your helpful replies!
As I maybe traveling with JR pass, I thought to reach Nikko via JR train and then buy a bus pass there, is it a good idea? Or will you still suggest Tobu pass as ideal solution?
Many thanks for your feedback :)
by miku_arashi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: getting around in Nikko 2014/4/10 14:14
If you have the JR Pass, then all you need is the bus pass. As mentioned, one-way bus ride from Nikko to Chuzenji is 1,100 or 1,150 yen, just get the 2-day bus pass at Tobu Nikko station for 2,000 yen (even if you are going just for a day, if you are going as far as Chuzenji/Kegon Falls, it's worth it).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread