Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Tokyo 2014/4/14 00:14
はじめまして。
ジョナサンデス。
29サイデス。
ベルギーのカラきました。

Hello guys,

My name is Jonathan, i am 29 years old and coming from Belgium (small country in Europe for those who don't know).
As you can see i started learning japanese but i'm a very beginner at it so far, hope i'll get better soon enough! I also speak english as you can see and i'm a french native speaker.

I'll be going to Japan for sightseeing next week and would like to have some advice from you guys. What i must absolutely know etc.
I'll be going on a tour with some friends of mine to Tokyo, Kamakura, Utsunomiya, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Yokohama, Nagoya, Hamamatsu and Kanazawa so we have a lot of thinks to see!

I'll also have some free time on Tokyo. If nothing change it will be on 17/04, 18/04, 20/04, 22/04 and a few days at the end of my stay 09/05 and 10/05. So i would like your advice on what are the must-see, the good shops to check on and nice restaurants.

That would be really great help if you could give me some advice, i would really appreciate it!

Cheers,
by Jonathan Dubois  

Re: Going to Tokyo 2014/4/14 09:13
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tokyo 2014/4/15 06:56
Sounds like a nice trip!

In Tokyo I recommend:

- Tsukiji Fish Market + a sushi breakfast at the restaurants nearby
- Daikanyama is a very cool, off the regular tourist path neighborhood with lots of cool boutiques and cafes. I really like Saturdays Surf NYC cafe.
- Akihabara is awesome for anime, manga, electronics and maid cafes. Yodobashi is a giant electronics and more store.
- Near Ueno Park / Ueno Station is Ameyokocho Market - was a post WWII black market. There's lots of produce, fish, and souvenirs.

For more on Tokyo: http://www.blaineanderin.com/where-to-stay-explore-photograph-eat-in-t...

and Nagoya: http://www.blaineanderin.com/top-sights-in-nagoya-japan/
by Erin DB rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tokyo 2014/4/16 10:25
by wenwen0614 rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tokyo 2014/4/16 17:47
Thanks a lot for all those suggestions, i'll try and visit as much of those sites as possible. Well, that is if my luggage is delivered to the hotel tomorrow as promised by Japan Airlines guys. Had so much luck that luggage didn't follow me on this trip :-(.
by Jonathan Dubois rate this post as useful

reply to this thread