Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days - need review on Itinerary please 2014/4/18 07:56
My sister and I are coming to Japan to visit my nephew in Misawa so I tried to find things on the way there and back. There is so much to do in little time. I tried to allow at least half the time visiting family (didn't want to be disrespectful)which we can do day stuff in the Misawa area. I think the JR East pass is our best plan with 5 days. I picked the following sites but would appreciate everyone's insight. This site has been amazing to others. I trust you can help me just the same.

5-Aug Arrive Narita Term 2
Customs / Pick up JR East Pass
travel to Sendai arrive late so
next day see Tanabata Festival, Loople Bus route has various attractions, Eat Tongue
6-Aug Sendai to Aomori arrive late for Nebuta Festival, family can meet us there
7-Aug Misawa/ Aomori Nebuta Festival Fireworks & Parade
8-Aug Misawa
9-Aug Misawa
10-Aug Misawa
11-Aug Misawa to Nagano Zenkoj Temple
12-Aug Nagano to Matsumato Castle
12-Aug Matsumato to Otsuki/Kawaguchiko arrive late Kawaguchiko
13-Aug KAWAGUCHIKO/Mt. Fuji, Rope way, Cruise, 5th station ?
13-Aug KAWAGUCHIKO to Tokyo Bay hotel late arrival
14-Aug Tokyo / Bay area
15-Aug Tokyo all day/ arrive Narita Hotel late
16-Aug HOME early flight
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
by perezp77  

Re: 10 days - need review on Itinerary please 2014/4/23 00:55
It may be better to stay overnight in Kawaguchiko area.

I think the JR East pass is our best plan with 5 days.

Yes.
As you know, a JR East Pass is a flexible 5-day pass which can be valid on 5 days in total during 14 consecutive days. It can cover Aoimori Railway line but it does not cover Fuji Kyuko [Fujikyu] line.
You can use a JR East Pass
on 5 and 6 August (for Airport Terminal 2 -- Tokyo -- Sendai -- Shin-Aomori -- Aomori -- Misawa),
on 11 August (for Misawa -- Hachinohe -- Omiya -- Nagano),
on 12 August (for Nagano -- Matsumoto) (for Matsumoto -- Otsuki)
and on 13 or 14 August (for Otsuki -- Shinjuku).

You had better expect at least 15 minutes for the transfer to Tohoku Shinkansen in Tokyo.
In Tokyo, Sobu Underground tracks for trains from/to NRT lie under the ground on the 5th basement and near the Marunouchi end, while Shinkansen tracks lie above the ground and near the opposite Yaesu end. JR-East and JR-Central have Shinkansen zones separately. JR-East Shinkansen tracks are Tracks 20 - 23. Please pay attention to names of Shinkansen lines on signboards so that you can smoothly find a correct Shinkansen transfer gate.
- Tokyo Sta. of JR
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e1039.html
: Sobu Underground tracks on the 5th basement (B5) are shown in the map around its bottom. You can get to the ground concourse using a short escalator first, a long escalator second and another escalator third. Then you can proceed on the pathway until you pass by a staircase up for Tracks 9 and 10, go up a short staircase on the left, proceed a little more and find JE-East Shinkansen central transfer gate on your right.

Tokyo Bay hotel late arrival

Which area will you stay?
If you stay in a hotel near a station on Keiyo Line (except Tokyo Station), you can avoid a long transfer to Keiyo Line in Tokyo Station by traveling from Shinjuku Station through to Shin-kiba Shinjuku Station on JR Saikyo Line + TWR Rinkai Line (via Odaiba area).

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days - need review on Itinerary please 2014/4/23 01:29
I am staying in the Intercontinental Tokyo Bay Hotel.

I must admit the trains intimidate me somewhat. Therefore, thank you for all the details.
by perezp77 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread